Chapter 43

As he listened to the soft voice that was begging him for forgiveness, Dean clenched his teeth. His heartbeat raced without his permission caused him to wondered why. There had been nobody who had ever made Dean Winchester change his mind. Until this very moment, he felt like she was slowly melting him down with her softness. She was driving him crazy. He was dying to bury himself into her. How could someone like her make him have such a reaction? How could someone as cold-blooded like him got soften up by such a vulnerable woman? Her gentle actions followed by her weak sobbing sounds were breaking him bit by bit without his realization. His anger that was like a big storm had suddenly faded away when he felt her soft head pressed lightly against his chest.

If what she said is true, will I be happy? What will make me happy? Even if I tell her that I would forgive her father, what will it change? At the end of the day, it is just me, all by myself.

Dean thought as he took a deep breath. "Is that all you wanted?" He asked softly caused her to withdraw her arms from him. He watched her wiped her tears away while he continued, "I've died... I've died long ago. I have nothing else to lose." Dean gritted his teeth as he told a lie. She was the one that he didn't want to lose. His feeling inside of him was so clouded. He didn't know how to react to such a strange emotion that rise inside him. He couldn't follow what it wanted because it would hurt her. He wondered if there was any other path that could make everything clearer.

Giselle shook her head as she replied, "You're wrong. You will lose yourself, Dean. The more you buried yourself with the history, the more you will lose yourself to it." She raised her soft hand up to gently placed it on his cheek. She caressed it slowly with her thumb while her twinkling eyes were holding onto his sharp gaze.

Is everything she said true? Dean questioned himself as he stared into her eyes. Did she care about him? Or, was she just saying everything to protect her father? He blinked when her soft thumb rubbed against his cheek lightly. Her softness was slowly taking over him. He felt like everything he could see at that moment was just her. Would it actually be okay if he could just listen to her advice for once?

Dean hesitated because he was afraid that everything would be over between him and her. If he chose to tell her that he had forgiven her father, would she still come to see him? Would she still be the same person after that? He didn't want to feel lonely. He didn't want to be left alone again. Everything seemed to be unimportant when it came to her safety. Didn't he want her to leave him? Now, when everything he was hoping for, started to become real, he felt like he was not ready.

He swallowed hard as he turned his head a little to brush his lips against the palm of her hand. He breathed in her scent before he said, "If it makes you happy, I will forgive him." A smile appeared on her lips.

She withdrew her hand from his cheek to grab one of his hands and shook it slightly. "Thank you. Thank you for listening to me." She said with a happy voice at the same time that she flashed him a grin. "Ah, I'm so happy." She whispered to herself as she jumped a little.

Dean couldn't help but stare at her lips. How could one word from him made her so happy? He didn't even do anything besides telling her what she wanted to hear. His eyes scanned her face as if he was trying to remember every bit and piece of the image he was seeing. Apart from him felt relieved. To him, who always got blamed to bring the unfortunate to his mother's life, had finally made someone happy. He had never felt belonging until now. He didn't blink as he stared at her quietly. The sight of her beautiful smile was forever burnt inside his mind.

Without realization, Dean yanked her arm towards him. Her smile disappeared while her face turned confused. Dean didn't care about what she was thinking of him at this moment. He felt like his world had stopped spinning since the first day he had met her already. Slowly, he raised his hand up to caress her soft cheek with the back of his fingers. He swallowed hard when his eyes traveled down from her eyes to meet her pink soft-looking lips.