Chapter 82

The quiet atmosphere inside of the car was tense. Vincent glanced now and then at the rearview mirror, observing his favorite woman's expression. Luna noticed the anxiety that washed all over Vincent's face before she decided to turn slightly around to look at Giselle. Noticing the blank look on her friend's face, she tried to comfort in a soft-toned voice."Are you okay?" She gulped a bit in hesitation and then proceeded to ask. "What's happened between you and that man?"

Giselle inhaled deeply, trying to fight against the warm tears that threatened to fill her vision. Her eyes began to get warmer just when she opened her mouth to reply. "I'm fine..." Her trembling voice came out almost as a whisper. "Even if I am to tell you about it... None of those matters anymore. I... I don't want to talk about him anymore."

Luna nodded her head in understanding before she turned back to look at the road ahead of her. Though she was worried, she couldn't force herself to keep on interrogating Giselle for the truth. Vincent, on the other hand, questioned seriously just when the car came to a stop at the red light. "I don't want to hear anything about your relationship with him. I can't say that I am not disappointed in you, Giselle..." He pressed his lips tightly together a bit as he hesitated in speaking the next sentence. "You knew how much I liked you back then... And, it would be a lie if I were to tell you that I don't have any of those feelings left towards you now. This might not be the right time for me to say everything..., but I just don't understand you. What is it about that man that makes you love him so much? I have everything... maybe even better than him. Still, everything I have seemed to not matter to you at all..."

"Vincent, stop-" Luna interrupted, but Vincent continued speaking in his rough voice.

"I will not stop only when I speak my mind." He licked his bottom lip a bit as he took a deep breath to calm himself down. As soon as the light switched to green, he hurried to step on the gas pedal. "You see how he acted toward you last night and earlier... He doesn't even give a single fuck about the safety of your family... How can you still... I don't know what to even say. I felt a bit humiliated earlier when that arrogant bastard showed his true color in front of everyone. I would have beat the fuck out of him already if only we weren't in his damn territory." He tightened his grip around the steering wheel when he noticed Giselle's expression in the rearview mirror. A frown formed on her lips, meanwhile, her cheeks were wet with her dripping tears.

"I'm sorry." She murmured and then wiped her warm tears with the back of her hands instantly.

Vincent gritted his teeth and then stepped on the gas pedal harder. He found it disbelief that she still liked that other man and not him. His heart skipped a beat painfully just when he watched her cried for someone else. "No, don't be sorry to me. The person that you should be sorry to should be your family and yourself." His voice came out rougher than any other time.

"Enough already..." Luna murmured at the same time that she shot him a look.

The entire car's atmosphere fell into a ghostly silence again. Giselle blinked her eyes a few times to prevent more tears from escaping before she stared at the rearview mirror. "You don't have to worry that I will go back to him... I went to meet him today because he is the only one who knows where my father is... I had no choice but to put up a thick face and beg him... I know how stupid I was since the beginning... Even if I still... love him now..., I can't bring myself back to look at him as before... I have enough of everything now. I've lost enough now... I am very tired of everything that is going on around me. I felt like I am going crazy just because I can't figure out what I can do to find my own father..."

Nobody dared to say anything after hearing her words. They knew how hurtful it must have been for her. Recalling the way that she looked at Dean Winchester, Vincent and Luna could already tell how much she loved that man. The way she gazed at him was as dazzling as those stars in the sky. Regardless of all of the darkness that surrounded her, she was still able to shine brightly whenever she looked at that man. Without the need to hear any more of the explanation, the two friends came to understand the sentiment of their friend.