Chapter 37

"What do you think you are doing?" Giselle asked as she glanced at the tray on the floor.

Dean ignored her words. He inched closer to her until her back came into contact with the window. Out of everyone, he was hoping that she could at least be the last person for him to rely on. Hearing her answer to his questions, his anger increased immediately. It was no different than putting another bullet into his already existed wound. "What do you think I am doing, Ms. Chu?" He replied back with a question.

He stared at her face that was getting redder. She raised both of her hands up in the air, to prevent herself from accidentally touching his wounded chest. "You-" Giselle stuttered as she tried to find words to reply to him. When she realized that his face was getting closer, she squeezed her eyes shut. Dean placed both of his palms onto the glass window behind her, trapping her between his arms. He raised his brows while anticipated for her to continue talking. "You... Stop what you are doing now. We are in the hospital."

He wrinkled his brows at her reaction. Were the scars on his body that scary? Were they that hideous for her to see? Clenching his teeth, Dean demanded. "Open your eyes."

"No." She said before covering her face with both hands.

Dean opened his mouth, but there were no words coming out. He gulped quietly as he frowned a little. A sudden insecure started to take over him. For a quick second, he stared down at his own torso that was covered by scars.

I probably look like a hideous creature in other people's eyes. Even a girl in front of me, she is scared to just look at them. She saw them more than once, yet she still afraid to see it. I guess compared to an animal, I am even worse than them.

Taking a step back, Dean felt his eyes began to get warmer. He turned his back on her, instantly, when she removed her hands off of her face. Closing his hands into a fist, he made his way to grab the new clothes from the floor. Without saying anything, he continued walking to the bathroom.

Due to his immediate changes in mood, Giselle was left in confusion.

Dean locked the bathroom door and then turned to glare himself in the mirror. He turned on the sink water and then splashed it onto his abdominal before he rubbed it aggressively.

It won't come off. These hideous marks won't come off. No matter how much I hate it, no matter how much I tried to clean it, it just doesn't go away.

Tears started to overwhelm his eyes as he smashed both of his hands onto the counter causing a sharp pain in his right wounded chest.

I am not even apart of the cobra anymore. Why do people still scared of me? I don't understand. I didn't do anything to them. I didn't even hurt them.

Dean wondered in frustration. While he changed his clothes, he stared blankly at the mirror. After he was done, he swung the bathroom door wide open. The first person he encountered was Giselle Chu. He furrowed his brows when he realized that she didn't leave like he was expected. Ignoring her, he walked towards the bed.

"You can't get your wound wet." She said in a worried tone as she followed him closely behind.

Dean didn't reply besides placing his butt onto the soft bed. The sudden smell of the foods drew his attention to the coffee table across the room. He was about to hop off the bed until Giselle came to stand in front of him. "Move." He demanded coldly.

"Let me check it first." She said and then reached her hands out to his shirt. He grabbed her hands, immediately, to stop her. He stared at her eyes in quiet for a few seconds and then pushed her away. After stumbling back a few steps, Giselle burst out crying.