Chapter 36

Dean's grip around Giselle's arm began to loosen before he fell down onto the cold floor helplessly. Giselle kneeled down immediately. She shook his hand a little while she asked in a worried tone of voice, "Hey, are you okay?" Her heartbeat sped up when she realized that he fell unconscious. After she placed his left arm around her neck, she started to drag his heavy body up towards the bed.

The following day, Dean woke up to the rustling noises of a plastic bag. He opened his eyes slowly before he turned his head to where the sound was coming from. His brows furrowed when the person he saw was not the one he was expecting. He shifted his body up to sit against the headboard at the same time he asked weakly underneath his breath, "What are you doing here, Riza?"

She turned abruptly in her heels to look at Dean with a surprised expression. "Oh my god, you have finally wake up." She said with excitement and then finished placing a bouquet of flowers into a vase. She rushed toward his direction and said, "Hold on. Let me shift the bed up for you."

While she was pressing the button, Dean sighed out loud in annoyance. "That's not what I am asking."

She placed the remote back onto the nearby table and then replied, "I heard you got shot. I was just worried. Who dared to do this to you? That person deserved to die." Riza turned around and poured water into a glass. After she placed a straw in, she held the cup closer to his mouth. "Here, drink some water first. Your voice sounded really dry."

Dean didn't refuse. After he swallowed the cold water, Riza wasted no time to wiped his damp lips with a napkin. "I am fine, now." He said before he gently pushed her hand away. "Please leave."

She furrowed her brows as she placed the glass back onto the table. "I don't understand, Dean. Every time you see me, you always tried to avoid me." Dean didn't reply besides staring blankly at the IV needle that was in the back of his hand. He caressed over it with his thumb gently while his mind wandered to think of another woman. A smile spread across his lips, then they quickly disappeared, when Riza began to ask him the unnecessary question. "Can't you forgive me? We can start all over again. Please,"

Cutting her off, Dean said in a serious voice. "Do you know what I hate the most?" He shifted his gaze up to glare at her deadly. "I hate people who leave me. You left me for Aaron, Riza. You need to accept the truth that it is all over between us. Stop making me repeating myself over and over again. I don't want a used item, you know that, don't you?" Clenching his teeth, he continued talking. "Plus, I am no longer a part of The Cobra. So there is no more reason for you to try to stick up to me. I have nothing to give you to make you desire me. Once I decide to throw something away, I don't usually pick them back up. The same thing goes to you."

Riza Angelo's eyes widened at his statement. "What are you saying, Dean? What you said is not true, is it?" Her voice sounded in disbelief. She grabbed his arm to hold when he didn't reply. "Dean..." She begged for his answer as she shook his arm a little. "Answer me."

The door suddenly swung open, cutting her off. A female doctor with a female nurse made their way in. The doctor flashed her patient a smile and then introduced herself, "Hi, Mr. Dean Winchester. I am Dr. Luna Ma. How are you feeling today?" Dean's eyes traveled from the doctor to look at Giselle. He didn't reply besides watching her with a soft gaze. She was carrying a tray of supplies with a new set of patient's clothes. Luna cleared her throat when she didn't get an answer in return. Instantly, she turned to inform Riza. "Excuse me, Miss. If you don't mind, I will be checking up on his stitches for a couple of minutes."

Riza wrinkled her brows when she saw Giselle. She glared down at Dean, who was staring at the nurse without a blink. Feeling frustrated, she released his arm and then turned to grab her purse. "I will come back, Dean." She said and was about to leave until she saw the look Giselle was sending Dean. Without hesitation, she leaned in to give him a peck on his cheek. "See you tomorrow. I love you."