Chapter 5

Three months later...

A light slap on the shoulder brought Giselle's soul back into her body. She turned quickly to see a beautiful young girl that has the same age as she came to sit next to her. "What are you thinking so deeply about?"

Giselle cleared her throat and then stirred her coffee before she took a sip. "I heard we are getting send to the countryside hospital because they are in need of nursing and doctors now. We are giving free service to help the poor there, then after two weeks, we will be sent back to the city. I am just worried since I have never traveled for work before." Sighing out loud she took another sip of her sweet coffee.

Luna exhaled out loud as her smile disappeared. She pouted at Giselle then said, "The same here for me. I heard Vincent is also going so you will have him and me."

Staring at Luna deeply, Giselle smirked at her. "True..." She continued stirring her coffee with the coffee straw then giggled, "Do you like Vincent?" Giselle's words made Luna's eyes grew wider before she raised her hand to knuckle Giselle in the head. Giselle moaned in pain as she covered her head with both of her hands.

Luna sat back down while her cheeks started to blush, "Stupid bitch, don't say that," She shifted her eyes away then back to meet Giselle's eyes to add, "...even though it is true."

Giselle giggled out loud when she scolded, "No potty mouth at work, Dr. Ma" Luna stuck her tongue out to tease Giselle then they both laughed out loud echoing the cafeteria in the hospital staff room.

A week later in the countryside hospital...

"Everyone, please form a line!" Vincent yelled as he directed people to the table where a nurse was sitting there giving out the number to the patients. Giselle ran to check up on one of the grandmas who suddenly passed out while waiting in line. Her heart beats fast as she heard the young boy started to cry while holding onto his grandma.

Giselle kneeled down onto the floor to checked up on the grandma before she realized that the grandma's fever was so high. She looked up to the young boy and consoled him, "Your grandma will be okay. Stop crying, okay? Auntie will go get the doctor and be back real quick." The young boy nodded as Giselle raised her hand to wipe his tear away. She flashed him a smile and said, "Good boy,"

She got up on her feet and turned around to run to Doctor Fong. Breathlessly she stopped in front of him and said, "Doctor Fong, the grandma over there is having a really high fever right now and she has just passed out. Can you go and check up on her for a second?"

The guy with a big belly in his white coat looked up with an annoyance expression. He raised his brows then fixed his glasses position before he said, "Can't you see that I am busy?"

We are all busy, what the fuck!  Giselle cursed in her head at him with anger.

Heaving out loud, she bit her lower lip and said, "This is an emergency,"

Doctor Fong gave her a deadly glare then said, "Nurse Chu, everyone here is patient. Do you know the reason why they are here? It is because they are sick and it is also an emergency for them too. I cannot just leave my patient to just go check up on another one. Are you stu-"

"Shut up!" Vincent's voice cut him before Fong could finish his sentence. Vincent ignored him and turned his gaze to Giselle. "Where is she?" Vincent asked then without hesitating, he followed Giselle and made their way to the young boy.

Vincent kneeled down and checked up on the grandma's pulses. "Her body is really weak, I am afraid she will have a heart problem. I will carry her to the emergency room to further check-up." After saying that, Vincent lifted grandma up with both hands and carried her to the emergency room leaving Giselle with the young boy.