Chapter 35

A cup of cold water, suddenly, splashed onto Dean's face. He choked and coughed at the same time when the water ran into his nose and mouth, unexpectedly. He felt weak as he opened his eyes slowly. Blinking a few times to get a clearer view, something hard flew to hit him in the head. He turned to see an oxygen mask was rolling off of the bed. His eyes shifted up to see his father.

He breathed hard before he asked his father in an almost whispered sound. "What the fuck do you want now?"

Bowen furrowed his brows and then grabbed his son aggressively by his patient's shirt. "You know how much I hate a fucking weak person like you? What is this? You can't even breathe on your own now? Are you that weak to rely on this equipment?" He asked through his gritted teeth before he pushed his son back onto the bed.

Dean yelped when he felt the pain from his right chest. He formed two fists with his hands as he took a deep breath. He turned one side and then helped himself to sit up against the headboard. Breathlessly, he forced a mocking laugh at his father. "You're probably disappointed... that I did not die." Glaring up at the old man in front of him, he continued with his weak tone of voice. "You're nothing, ...but a snake."

A big rough hand landed on Dean's face as soon as he finished his word. "Shut your fucking mouth!" His father demanded loudly.

The numbness spread across his cheek. Dean turned his head back to face his father and then laughed weakly. He wiped his wet face with the back of his left hand before he continued on mocking his father. "You've grown weaker... Do you even call that a slap?"

"I said, shut up!" His father yelled before he turned around quickly. While heaving out a loud sigh, he said to his men, "Get him off of the fucking bed!"  

Dean held his breath as the two men pulled him up by his arms. He bit his lip to hold back his pain when one of them pulled his right arm too hard. As soon as he stood up on his feet, a violent headache struck his head. He blinked a few times when the view of his father became blurred. He licked his dry lips before his father turned to glare at him.

"Do you even fucking realized what situation we are in now?" Bowen asked angrily. Dean swallowed hard as he dragged the IV stand closer to him. His father stepped closer before he grabbed Dean by his neck. While tightening his grip, he said, "That bastard, Richard Chu, is being too nosy about my business. I can't send the girls overseas anymore because of that son of a bitch. And, what were you doing? Playing chase and catch with his daughter? What the fuck has gotten into your brain, Dean? That slut is just his father's object. I don't care if you fuck her, but please use your damn brain! Stop being a fucking fool! Do you think a slut like her loves you or something? Look at your mother! At the end of the day, she left you for another man. Nobody will stay by your side, but me. So, please open your damn eyes and listen to me!"

As the grip formed tighter around his neck, Dean struggled to breathe. Tears started to warm up his eyes after he heard his father's words. Out of everything, his father had to bring up his mother. He found himself speechless as he glared at Bowen deadly. 

Maybe he was right about Giselle being the same species as his mother. Would she comes and leaves him like how his mother did? Why did it matter so much whether she leaves or stays? She was never important to him anyway. She was a nobody. She never existed in his world.

While Dean gasped for air, he choked. His vision became blurred again as dizziness made its comeback. Bowen loosened his grip aggressively, by pushing his son away, causing Dean's feet to stumble backward a little. While he tried to find balance, he held onto the bed with one hand. 

His tears began to form as he replied breathlessly, "I did everything that you have asked me to do. I just don't understand, why we can't be like others." He gulped quietly as he blinked a few times with his teary eyes. "I don't care... You do you. You do whatever you want with that Richard Chu! I am tired of all of this." He raised his voice, and then he started to laugh while his tears continued on running down across his cheeks. "You are no different than mother. Just because you guys gave birth to me... it doesn't mean I am any of your property. I owe nobody."