Chapter 61

Dean, who faked sleeping, opened his eyes slowly when he realized that Giselle was walking towards the direction of where the sound was coming from. Quietly, he sat up on the sofa before he bent down to grab his gun from the floor. His eyes turned sharp as he watched Giselle from the back. Without making any sound, Dean got up on his feet and then followed her into the kitchen. All of sudden, she screamed in a panic calling for his name.

He sprinted towards her quickly before he noticed a man in a black outfit with a black mask was jumping off the top cabinet, where he had been hiding, to the floor. "Who are you?" Dean asked in a serious voice as he held one of Giselle's wrists tightly behind him in a protective manner. The man under the mask didn't reply besides wandering around the counter, searching for a way to escape. "Who sent you here?"

"Dean, be careful." Giselle murmured when he started to walk closer to the strange man.

The man in black widened his eyes in panic when Dean fearlessly inched closer to his direction. "Don't come any closer!" The man shouted in a threatening voice at the same time he raised his pistol to aim at Dean with his shaky hand.

"You didn't answer my question," Dean replied while his eyes piercingly locked on his target. "Either you tell me or I will force an answer out of you. I know that you are not coming here to rob my house so speak wisely." The strange man gulped nervously while he took a few steps back. Dean paused as he anticipated a response. "Are you fucking deaf?" He cursed in frustration when the strange man didn't say anything. Dean studied his opponent's eyes, who was shifting between him and Giselle.

The strange man lifted his gun to point at his head as he prepared to shoot himself. Dean released Giselle instantly the moment he rushed in to grab that man's wrist before he twisted his arm until the gun fell from the strange man's grip. While gritting his teeth furiously, Dean punched his opponent with full force for a few consecutive times.

Dean forced that man's head down against the counter with one hand as he raised his voice, "I will not let you die if I don't get a fucking answer." He lifted his other hand that was holding onto his gun to pull off that man's mask aggressively. "Fucking answer me, bastard!" He yelled, which caused Giselle who was watching in horror to jump a little.

The man in black laughed mockingly meanwhile his mouth filled with bright red blood. "It's too late." He said, then he shoved Dean away with full strength before he pulled a knife from his pants' pocket to slice his own throat. The red blood splattered onto the counter and Dean's face while the man lost his consciousness and collapsed onto the floor immediately.

"Fucking hell!" Dean swore before he threw his gun at the corpse in irritation. His brows tied together as he stared at the dead body in front of him. A few seconds later, his eyes shifted to find Giselle who was staring at him with a terrified look. "Are you good?" He asked softly when he noticed her hands were shaking and her eyes were widening without a blink.

She shook her head slowly as she looked at Dean's face, which covered with blood. Her trembling voice came out weak while waves of shocks hit her hard. "I... I... I don't know." She said breathlessly.

Seeing her reaction, Dean turned to rip a paper towel to wipe his face and hands. He tossed it into the trash can before he made his way towards Giselle's direction. He narrowed his eyes and then replied calmly, "As a nurse, I don't think this is your first time seeing someone died, right?" She nodded her head in response when she felt like she had lost her voice. "Then, why are you looking so pale?" He asked as he came to a stop in front of her. His eyes stared deeply into her while she tried to avoid his gaze. "It's okay." He reassured and then he lifted his hand to caress the back of her head gently.

He watched her in silence for a couple of seconds while she tried to calm herself. His eyes traveled to her chest which was heaving up and down with difficulty of breathing. He furrowed his brows instantly when he realized that she was horrified by what happened. Dean clenched his teeth in frustration of himself before he embraced her small body gently with his strong arms.