Chapter 32

It was late afternoon when Giselle arrived home. As soon as she entered the mansion, her dad's voice echoed from the living room. "Where have you been?" She paused in her step the moment she came to face her father. 

Lin Chu's sharp voice followed by her footstep from the kitchen grew louder. "Giselle? This wench! We've been searching everywhere for you."

Giselle furrowed her brows when her father asked again, "Don't you hear what I asked?" He began to walk closer while his face held an angry expression. "What happened to your face?"

Biting her bottom lip to hold back her frustration, she replied emotionlessly, "I fell down the stairs at work. And, I had a sleepover at Luna's house." Her eyes glanced over to her mother who was approaching her with a furious look.

"Why did you sleep over someone else's house? Do you not have your own house?" Her mother questioned and then raised her hand to slap her daughter's face. Giselle's face turned aside at the same time she felt the numbness on her cheek. Clenching her teeth, she turned back to stare at her mother. Tears started to shed from Lin Chu's eyes as she continued, "We were worried that something bad would happen to you. I couldn't even sleep because of you, wench."

Richard Chu suddenly cleared his throat caused his wife to take a few steps back. He glared at his daughter then asked through his gritted teeth, "I've never asked you ever since that auction night. What is Dean Winchester to you? I am not blind, Giselle. Last time, you danced with him. Later, he saved you from getting shot. Explain to me, what all of this is about. I've told you to stay away from him."

Giselle took a deep breath then shifted her gaze to her father. She felt her eyes started to get warmer as the heat inside of her started to rise. Her heartbeat sped up when she heard his name. Was it not over yet? After what he had done towards her, she felt sick just by hearing his name. She wished that his name would never again be mention. If she could, she wanted to forget it. What did she even do to him for him to do such a thing to her? The last thing she could recall was to ask for his help to save Vincent. If he didn't want to, he could've just let her and Vincent got beaten to death in that parking lot. There was no need for him to send his men to help. 

Swallowing hard, Giselle replied back to her father, "You tell me, dad. What is he to you? Why does it matter to you of who I associated myself with?" She blinked a few times as she started to make her way passing her father. 

"Tell her, honey." Lin Chu said softly as she sobbed.

Richard spun around immediately as his gaze rested on his daughter's back. "The authority has been after The Cobras people. Some of my team members had even lost their lives to these people, Giselle. Dean Winchester is not an average man that you think he is." 

She closed both of her fists in anger as a drop of tears escaped the corner of her eyes. If it was before, she would have to disagree with her father. The image of what he had done towards her replayed in her head, following by the picture of him shooting that old man in the club. There was more than just that. The first time they met, he was hospitalized with a stabbing wound. His body was full of scars. The night that he tried to save her, he managed to beat up all of those men without a scratch on his body. If he was a good person, he wouldn't be able to do all of that. 

It was her fault for choosing to ignore his flaws. 

Her father's voice continued in a serious tone of voice behind her back. "He is the son of the man I hated the most in my life. That bastard would do anything to get back at me. They are a powerful group that even authority can't do anything to them. They are no different than the mafia, Giselle. There are reports about them involving human trafficking and drugs almost every week. I am worried that Dean Winchester would hurt you."