Chapter 84

In the funeral ceremony, Giselle stood by the coffin and stared soullessly at her mother's face. The lingering feeling of missing filled her chest heavily. Drops of tears dripped uncontrollably from her eyes no matter how hard she tried to calm herself. Her trembling hands reached slowly to touch a pair of stiff hands that were no longer beating with tiny pulses. They were just cold and dead. She opened her mouth, wanting to say her last word, but could not manage to do so. Her heart skipped a beat as Vincent dragged her away from the coffin.

He patted Giselle on the back gently as several men came to close up the two coffins. Giselle watched without a blink as the cremated process began. Her knees suddenly became weak, causing her to fall abruptly into a pair of strong arms.

"They're at ease, now." Luna comforted at the same time that she tapped Giselle's shoulder lightly.

"Do you want to rest a little bit? We can always go back to the police station to ask about your father." Vincent suggested in a soft tone as he held the small trembling body.

Giselle shook her head in response. She then hurried to gather the leftover strength to stand back on her feet. "No, I am fine... We can just go straight to the police station. My dad is more important..." She wiped her tears with the back of her hands quickly before glancing up at her friends. "Are both of you hungry?" She murmured. "My bad... Let's grab some food first."

The two friends nodded their heads with an encouraging smile before they began to make their way back to the car. Vincent jogged a bit to the car to open the backseat door for Giselle. "Lady's first." He said with a smile, trying to lift Giselle's mood.

"Thank you," Giselle replied with a brief unhappy smile on her lips.

Just when she was about to get inside the car, a man's voice halted her from behind. "Are you Giselle Chu?"

Her eyes widened a bit in wonder before she turned to look at the old man. Just like her, the unknown man and his other men were wearing all blacks. It reminded her of Dean for some reason. She gritted her teeth a bit as she tried to brush the thought of Dean Winchester away. Her eyes scanned a group of men in front of her cautiously before she decided to speak. "Yes, I am."

The old man sighed out loud, dramatically, following by a grin. Giselle tightened her lips as she studied the strange man's behavior. "Allow me to introduce myself, Ms. Chu. My name is Jeff Kevinskey. I am one of the government officials, just like Richard Chu, but a bit higher up."

Giselle's hands turned into tight fists unconsciously after hearing her father's name. "My father has never mentioned anything about you."

"Oh, don't worry, dear. You don't have to know who I am. I came all the way here to pay my respect to Richard's family. I am also very well aware of Richard's current situation. I know how difficult it is on you after everything... I am so sorry, dear. I really want to help."

Vincent glared at the old man dangerously before he took a step forward in a protective manner. "You're making it sounded like you know where he is."

The corner of Jeff's lips curved up into a smirk. He then shook his head slightly as he said, "Hey, relax. I work under the law to serve people, legally, I must say. It is a normal thing if someone like me has the access to his information."

"If you are sincere as you've said, then tell us already. There's no need to prolong the time here." Vincent spat bluntly.

Giselle seized Vincent's hand from the back and then took a step forward. Her piercing gaze locked daringly onto Kevinskey's. "I appreciate your offer, Mr. Kevinskey." She paused a bit in hesitation as she observed his expression closely. His empty eyes shot her a cold gaze. His face showed no sign of sorrow either sadness. Giselle wondered if that was just the old man's expression or it is what she thought it was. Fake. Dangerous. One part of her feared getting deceived by the devil one more time. Ever since the day that Dean decided to turn his back on her, Giselle learned that she should never trust anyone easily again. She wished she was able to read minds so that way she wouldn't have to feel like a fool to fall into the lies repeatedly. "I think it will be best if I try to find him myself first."