Chapter 90

Arriving at the police department, the black cars pulled into the parking lot. Inside one of the cars, the Cobra men glanced at their boss with a determined expression. Nobody was able to figure out their young boss' motive. All they noticed were creases that formed on his forehead and the sound of him sighing out loud.

Why am I wavering now? I should just wrap everything up here. For Giselle... for my people... and my parents... Maybe this will be the best and the least I can do to make up for my mistake.

Dean clenched his teeth a bit and then stepped out of the car with a heavy feeling. He fixed his blazer and then turned to command his men in a stone-cold voice. "All of you may leave. I'll call when I'm done." His words required no response as he turned back, prepared to walk away.

His men exchanged gazes before declining their heads a bit from behind. "Yes, sir." They muttered in uneasiness. One of them gestured to the group, signing at them to meet up across the street instead of returning as instructed.

Dean paused and then shifted slightly to watch them get in the car. As soon as the car took off, he proceeded to make his way into the building.

As if his presence displayed a strong aura of threat, everyone's attention inside the lobby diverted to him immediately. Dean hadn't looked at anybody specifically but he could already feel every single one of their burning stares on him. He knew his appearance must have appeared as a hazard to them. He was aware of this kind of situation. He was more than well aware of how they would treat him. It was nothing new as this was something that he learned to grow to adapt to.

"Mr. Dean Winchester?" A rough deep voice called his name from behind. It didn't sound sincere either pleasure to Dean's ears.

Dean spun on his heels casually to lock his gaze on a man with a detective's name tag above his heart.

The middle-aged man cleared his throat as soon as their eyes met unexpectedly. After spending years and months trying to capture mafia bosses, the detective was beyond surprised to finally face a boss of the Cobra clan in his department. It was new and strange to him as the big bosses don't usually step their feet into a place that is full of restrictions and law regulations.

Regardless of the wicked actions that the mafias committed, there seems to never be enough evidence to encircle them. The detective took a step closer and then adjusted his tone of voice when speaking to Dean. "What's brought you here today? It's unlike you, Mr. Winchester." His voice was embedded with curiosity.

Dean knew of the hidden real intention that the police held towards him. Just by looking at that pair of blue eyes, Dean could see through that arrogant ego of the middle-aged man.

It was never just the minimal police force that was after the Cobra and other mafias. Almost all of the national security force members in the country were on the lookout for the presence of the mafia member from different organizations. However, there seemed to be nothing that can halt their movement. Thanks to the connection and power of their criminal organizations, it allowed them to escape from legal issues in a much smoother and quieter route beyond envisioned.

Dean furrowed his brows as he replied, "I want to speak to your superiors in private. I came here by myself. There's no need to be so wary."

The detective scoffed and took a sip of his warm bitter black coffee. It sounded ridiculous to him the fact that a mafia boss told him to not be frightened by his sudden appearance. "It's just very unexpected of you today, sir... I was a bit stunned, you know. You've just seemed a bit too confident with the mindset that people like us can't do anything to you and the Cobra. If you'll allow me, I would like to remind you that this is not a playground or some sort of sidewalk on the street. You can't just come and go, demanding to speak with whoever you wished just like that. You know that it's not going to happen. We may not be able to drag any of you into the prison right now, but I'm pretty sure... consequences will arise by itself."