Chapter 46

Dean couldn't fall asleep in the prison. It was nearly dawn, yet he found himself wide awake. As he tossed and turn, he heard a voice coming from the door of the jail room. "Mr. Dean Winchester?" A man's voice called for him.

He sat up quickly to turn his head to the direction of the sound. His brows began to furrowed when he saw a police officer motioned him to come forward. He sighed out loud as he stood up. As soon as he reached the door, the police officer opened it to let Dean out. For a second, Dean felt a bit puzzled. "Follow me, sir." The policeman said with respect. After he locked the prison door, he started to make his way towards another door.

Dean followed with curiosity. He didn't know what was going on. As the door in front of him got slid opened, the same policeman bowed his head a little and said, "Mr. Kevinskey is waiting." The policeman turned to leave while Dean began to make his way towards the man, who stood in the middle of the room.

The old man turned around and flashed Dean a smile. "Hello, Mr. Dean Winchester. You seemed to lose a bit of weight compared to the last time I've seen you."

"Why do you want to see me?" Dean replied with a question. His serious expression and voice caused the smile on that old man's face to disappear.

Kevinskey cleared his throat and said, "Well. You are the son of my friend. I can't just sit and watch you, can I?" He smirked as he made his way to stand closer to Dean. "Your father is waiting. Follow me."

Dean bit his lower lip at the thought of his father. Didn't that man choose to leave him? He declared that he would take everything away from his son. How could this cold-blooded old man still come back to save his son? Dean took a deep breath as he followed the high ranking authority man, Kevinskey, out of the room.

When he reached the outside of the gate, his father's car came to stop in front of him. "We will talk later, Dean. Your father and I can't be seen in public," Kevinskey said with an evil smile and then turned to make his way back in.

Dean felt a bit of hesitation as his eyes glared at the backseat's window. He didn't understand why his father would come back for him. The window suddenly began to roll down as his father's serious voice broke the silence of the atmosphere. "How long are you going to stand there?" Dean formed a fist as he hurried open the car's door and hopped in. As soon as he shut the door, his father's rough hand slapped one of his cheeks forcefully. When the car started to move, Bowen cursed, "Fucking bastard. Why am I having a son like you? Do you know how risky it is to just take you back out?"

Dean chuckled in disbelief. He thought his father was feeling sympathy towards him and cared for him, but he was wrong. All that man could care about was himself. He turned his head back to stare sharply at his father in the dark. "I've never begged for your help. You could've left me rotten to death."

Bowen Winchester blew out his cigarette smoke before he replied calmly, "Shut the fuck up, you fucker. I told you countless times to stay the hell away from that woman of yours. Now, look at what she'd done to you."

"She's not my woman," Dean argued underneath his breath. He clenched his teeth as he felt his heartache. Unlike any other time, he felt so lost. He was so mad at her that she was apart of her father's plan to get him imprisoned. Another side of him was still thinking of her soft innocent side. He didn't know what he should do. She had hurt him so much. She could've at least helped him out of the hospital to escape from her father's plan. Instead, she acted innocent as if she didn't know anything about it. Dean thought before he exhaled loudly.

Bowen's eyes scanned his son's face as he asked with one of his brows raised, "Do you love her?"

Dean's eyes widened at his father's question. Love? Who? He didn't even understand the meaning of it. The only woman he had ever loved was his mother. Giselle Chu was just a woman, who he wanted to use to get to her father. She was just apart of his plan to avenge her father. She was a nobody to him. Dean swallowed hard as his mind began to wander.