Story Twelve: Female Captain: Part 3

Alex awoke in bed surrounded by both Theresa and Himeko. Himeko placed her hand on Alex's shoulder and said "Easy there. your heart is still beating exceptionally fast." Alex then placed his hand on his chest and felt the beats before saying "What the hell happened. I remember the captain kissing me and, then the rest became a blur." Himeko then said "Apparently your heart was beating quite fast, about 3 to 5 time that of a resting heart rate." Alex then gave a sigh "Of course it was. I was quite lucky this time, it could've kill me." The two were shocked "Killed you?" Said himeko. Alex nodded and said "My medication lowers it to resting while being easy to manage." Himeko then said "So why keep this secret, why risk it?" Alex then said "it's more of a personal thing. Theresa remember when I said I was a rushed creation?" Theresa nodded, so Alex continued "well what I mean is that I am just a replacement for the original, the one who died on one unfortunate night. I was rushed to take down the thing that was sucking the universe dry. and once I was done, there was no need for me anymore. They still wanted me to live, it's just that they made me so fast that they placed me in here the condition." Theresa then said "I'm sorry, it must be hard?" Alex shook his head "As long as I take my meds at least once a day, I should be fine." Himeko then said "You're awfully calm about this?" Alex shrugged "Well duh, I have to be, If I wasn't then my heart rate would rise again and I'd have even more problems."

It was silent for a few minutes before Himeko said "We should bring the captain in, she's been quite worried." Alex nodded. Himeko let the captain in and said "I've got some things to do so I'll check back later. come along theresa" The captain walked up to Alex and said "Are you safe, you're not going to pass out again, are you?" Alex chuckled which annoyed the captain "Hey, take this seriously, you could've died." Alex then said "sorry, it's quite cute to hear you worry over me. But no I won't pass out again." Alex then looked around and saw it was his room "actually, could you open the top drawer of my desk. You should see a box." The captain did as Alex asked and picked it up saying "er, this one?" Alex nodded "Yeah, pass it here." She then gave it to Alex and said "What is it?" Alex chuckled "My meds, this'll take a few seconds." Alex then opened the box up and grabbed a syringe out and injected it into his neck. Alex immedatly felt his heart rate drop to resting. After that the captain said "So are you good now?" Alex nodded and said "I am thank you. how about you, I started to fade out after getting so how did you fare?" The captain then said "theresa got here just in the nick of time. She took down all three of the kidnappers chasing us and brought you back here." Alex then said "and before she got there?" The captain blushed "I uh, talked with you."

Himeko looked at theresa and said "You've been on edge for a while now, explain?" Theresa then sighed "Do you ever think about life if honkai had been eradicated earlier?" Himeko shrugged "sometimes, why?" Theresa then said "Because sometimes I wonder what I could've done if I wasn't bound by the schicksal." Himeko then asked "Theresa, where are you going with this?" Theresa was shocked "I, uh, shit I didn't think I'd actually be saying this, but, the captain is my daughter. " She said. Himeko just looked confused "What, how?" Theresa then said "Well sit down, we should talk."

"I guess I should start around 25ish years ago. I was contracted to bodyguard the captain's father. Who at the time was single and just getting out of school. He was someone who didn't like playing by the rules and constantly got himself into trouble. I was there to stop him from getting killed." Theresa then sighed "I don't know what happened or how it happened but over time he began to trust me more and about 3 years later we did it." Himeko then said "What happened when you found out, were you scared, happy, mad, upset?" Theresa then said "all of them, scared at what people might think of me and him, happy that we are having a child, mad at myself for being an idiot and upset because of what could've happened. But in the end, I had to go back to HQ after my contract was over and I couldn't see my daughter again, I didn't want to leave her, but otto would've done more bad than good." Himeko then said "So you were later contacted by her father to take care of her without her thinking that you are her mother?" Theresa nodded "Yeah, and due to our different features, she inherited most of her fathers, she wouldn't think twice." Theresa then quieted down and sat back prompting himeko to ask "Are you going to tell her?" Theresa nodded "Soon, I just want to contact her father."

Alex stood up and felt his chest counting the beats. after a minute he counted 75 beats and smiled "Good." He then looked around his room and saw that the captain had left. not knowing what he should do now Alex went to go check on his project. As Alex walked there he saw theresa and she said "Where are you heading off to?" Alex then said "To the project, gonna check on them." Theresa nodded "Ah yes, good Idea, oh and have you seen the captain?" Alex shook his head "Nope, I only just woke up a few minutes ago. why what's up?" Theresa then said "Oh, it's nothing. Don't worry."

As the two got to the lab and opened the door the captain saw theresa and said "What do you know about her?" Alex then asked "Captain, what's going on?" The captain growled "Theresa knows why or is involved with the disappearance of my mother." Theresa then said "why do you think that?" the captain then said "I've been hearing voices in my head telling me that 'Theresa knows' and 'She can lead you to her.' it's what I've been hearing ever since we found that flower and then I decided to check on them for Alex and I heard the voice say again 'Theresa is involved.' So I naturally became angry and waited here because I had a feeling you were gonna come here." Theresa looked at the captain with a sad expression and said "Captain, if you must know, right now. I'm sorry for leaving you." the captain's mad expression went neutral and Alex looked shocked "I'm sorry what?" The captain said And Alex said "I'm fairly certain that theresa was the one to give birth to you." The captain looked surprised and said "Theresa i-is this true?" Theresa nodded "Yeah, I couldn't take care of you, I was due back at the HQ some time after you were born." The captain gave a sigh "so dad didn't lie, what he said is that your mother was someone who needed to leave for personal reasons." Theresa then said "I would've stayed if I could."

Alex left while the two were talking and went to look out into the city. He looked around for quite a while and saw his reflection in the water. He then saw the captain stand next to him "Sorry for taking so long." Alex chuckled "It's no big deal, so what did you two talk about. " Alex said sitting down "I'm a bit curious?" The captain then said "Oh just why she left and that sort of jazz." She then sat next to Alex and got closer to him. "I would kiss you but, I don't want to trigger another reaction." Alex then chuckled and kissed her saying "I believe it's fine. don't you worry." The captain then blushed saying "You really "