Obsession

Sarah stood with Alex and helped him get ready for his mission. As he was about to leave she kissed him and he smiled, as he exited onto the deck she turned and headed back to the bridge. Kiana and seele were already there inserting their keys. They turned them as sarah looked to Alex who had just jumped through.

Alex loaded his rifle and set the safety on just as he exited the portal landing on a bridge. Alex walked around and saw people running away from something "project end?" He then switched to his project end vision and saw that it was in fact emanating from the place people were running from. As more people rushed out Alex ran through the crowd and saw the horrors that occured.

"Drop the girl now" said a police officer. Alex watched for a short while from a distance as someone who he presumed to be project end was holding up a girl. about sarah's age. Alex flicked his rifle from safe to burst and took aim at project end.

Project end dropped the girl and Alex went in for a punch as the girl ran towards the officers. Alex then repeatedly attempted to drain project end energy from them. Project end became agitated causing her to retreat.

Alex sat down for a moment before the officers that were on the scene arrested him and taking the girl in too. As they got into the police cruiser Alex said "if you want to find the other one, I can track her for you." The officer then said "zip it. Questioning will occur once we get to the station. We'll handle the that woman."

Alex sat silently looking out the window murmuring to himself. "5 kilometres south-south-east." The girl that was arrested alongside him then said "what are you talking about." Alex looked to the girl and said "my target is a few kilometres out, she's sick, I need to cure her." The girl began to tear up "that's the most noble thing I've ever heard." Alex then said "it's a living." Alex then proceeded to snap the handcuff chain off his handcuffs which prompted the girl to say "are you crazy??" Alex nodded "yeah." Alex then waited till they got to the station and as they attempted to take him in He knocked the officer down grabbed his bag and made a run for the location of project end.

The girl looked shocked "di-did he just run off? I knew he broke the cuffs but running off?" the officer then said "well he's now wanted, kid do you know where he might be?" The girl thought for a moment before saying "at the lights he did say '5 kilometres, south-south-east.' But that's all."

Alex lept from building to building looking for project end. The was no chance that the police would just leave him be, so Alex had to be quick. Alex packed his rifle away and pulled out his side arm.

Project end was hiding in a warehouse with a strange liquid spilling out of a wound that was created in the fight. "dammit, dammit!" She cursed "this cannot happen, I must consume this world. but with that bastard here, it will have to wait."

Alex came within 150 metres of project end and said "I'll give you once chance to release, then violence will occur." he then jumped from the building and ran over to the warehouse. sirens blared and alex thought "not now, I better do this quickly and hide out for a day." Alex then rushed into the warehouse and said "project end, let's end this."

The fight went downhill fast. The police were hot on their tail and Alex had to divert some project end energy to keep them away. this lead to the fight taking longer than Alex wanted. Alex then delivered a few heavy blows to project end's chest before kicking her back. A few officers attempted to shoot through the barrier Alex made to no avail.

The girl from before watched intently as the fight went on. But as Alex was struck something flew from him and landed close to her. she picked it up and pocketed it before she saw Alex fly over the barrier and land on his feet staring at project end.

Project end destroyed the barrier and said "I can no longer hurt this world. So, I'll hurt the people around me now!" She began to do something and Alex yelled "GET DOWN EVERY ONE NOW!!!" All of the officers did what he said and Alex attempted to contain what project end was about to do.

A blast occured and project end was gone, Alex was hidden with the girl nearby looking at him with a strange expression, which turned into something else. she began to feel weird, and the object she picked up began whispering to her "you want him don't you, well go after him." Alex then began to look around.

Alex didn't realize he was being stalked by someone, he just wanted to have a look around the place before heading home, and pondered for a while "well, I lost the rifle, not getting my ass arrested again just to grab it, plus I liked my old one anyway." The girl looked at him from afar and thought "I wonder where he lives, I want to make sure he is alright." Alex then went into a store.

"hmmm, what should I get the others, those look nice, and I'm sure they're sweet too." Alex said looking in the cabinet. Alex then looked to the cashier and said "could I have 4 of those." he pointed to some pastries with something on top of them. The cashier smiled "of course." he turned to look outside feeling watched before paying for the pastries.

As he left the girl said "now to follow again." She followed Alex from afar until he stopped and checked something. the girl stopped and hid watching Alex as he opened a portal and the voice said "go. He is leaving, you must hurry." As she ran towards the portal, it closed on her. She then became frustrated and the voice said "find his weapon, it has enough to re-open a portal."

Alex floated through the portal space and thought "I wonder, could I change this, make it walkable? Floating is no fun anymore." Alex then shut his eyes and said "show me a new scenery." Alex then opened his eyes and saw a pathway by some simulated trees and smiled "man I love this job."

The girl saw the weapon and said "what now?" The voice then said "feel the weapon down and I'll do the rest." the girl then lightly rubbed the weapon and energy began to flow around it the voice then said "a bit more, I can almost open it."