Well enough alone

Alex was packing his bag with the M4A1 some food made for him by Rita, an extra beacon, just in case someone wanted to follow, and an empty canister for some project end energy. He then stepped out of his room and went to the bridge. As he walked over there he met with some of the valkyries who gave him sour looks, of course this wouldn't ever convince him that he unwelcome as the people he was close to welcomed him with open arms. As he stepped on the bridge Sarah said "Alex, are you going to be fine alone?" Alex gave a nod "I'll be good Sarah, don't worry." Sarah was starting to gain more and more feelings for Alex but she couldn't say. It had been almost two weeks since Zach was confirmed dead.

It was a windy day the portal was open and Alex looked up to the bridge and waved goodbye. Alex jumped through. After the portal closed Sarah said "well I hope he stays safe." Kiana then said "You've been acting strange lately sarah, do you need anything?" Sarah shook her head "no no, I'm still just a bit upset about Zach."

The portal opened up over a facility and Alex landed on the roof of It before looking around he only saw a single building with absolutely no cover anywhere else, his best bet is to either a: jump off the building, B: Rush through anyone on their way up, or option C: break the floor and take project end out that way. Alex being the gutsy person he was, Chose option B.

Alex broke down the door and ran down the stairs. There was no one. Not as in, in the stairwell, but the entire facility, nobody guarding, nobody on the floor working, and absolutely nobody in the offices. Alex looked around, sure it was night, but there should at least be shifts right. He then looked around again. Alex found his way to a catwalk and looked while walking.

The catwalk broke while he walked the place was in a state of disrepair when he looked up close, it was dusty, there were cobwebs everywhere and Alex could smell something terrible, as he got up, he saw the rotting corpse of an unfortunate worker. "project end." He walked up to the body and felt some of the energy pouring out and said "Confirmed, should store this for later use." Alex then took the canister from his bag and placed it on his belt and twisted the cap slightly, then the energy went from the body to the canister, the capacity went up by only a small amount, as he removed his weapon from his bag and made sure it was loaded. He then switched to his project end sense and said "where the hell are you?"

Meanwhile on the other side of the world. "Rita, dundral, come here please?" Otto said "A strange anomaly has occurred over a siberian storage facility, I want you two to check it out." Rita bowed and dundral nodded "You got it overseer."

Alex moved through the facility and found another worked same as the other one, the energy was absorbed into the canister and filled it up again. This time a bit more and Alex said "getting closer." He then saw a trail of energy lead to the office section of the facility and thought "what is this thing up to?"

Alex went into the office section and saw rows of computers and corpses in the chairs. Walking past them he found the energy coming off of them and as he walked past, the canister absorbs them. The capacity is now at 30% "she has to be around here somewhere?" As he entered the next room he heard a loud crash and went over to a window to find out what had happened. The two large sliding doors opened and people began to walk into the facility, they were dragging other people along, this was some sort of slave trading ring, but who is the owner here. Alex then heard someone say "D-don't let them find me?" Alex turned and said "Huh, who don't you want to find you?" A girl stood up and said "th-these slavers." Alex nodded "you got it." Alex then switched back to his project end sense and found that she was project end. As he switched back he said "Oh. Follow along. We'll get out of here now."

As the two ran Alex said to the girl "Do you know that you are radiating some sort of energy?" The girl nodded "Yes, I also know you are one of those agents." Alex sighed "are you, well, you?" The girl nodded once again "I had voices at one point, but then they stopped." Alex switched to his project end sense again and saw she was right, wherever the project end personality went would be up to a guess. Would the energy even need to be taken from her.

Alex grabbed a hold of the girl's arm and said "we need to jump it, I broke the catwalk here earlier." As the two jumped a loud crash was heard brining eyes over to them Alex looked to the door and said "GO!" He then opened the door got struck by a bullet and the two entered before shutting it and heading back up the steps. They had a limited time before they were surrounded. Alex then said "do you have any family?" The girl shook her head and bean to cry "n-no, my parents sold me to those slavers just to make a few bucks." Alex looked down "do you want to come with me, I'll take you to my home and we can get someone to take care of you?" The girl then said "a-are you sure?" Alex nodded "yeah, just as soon as we get out of here." They then heard banging on the door. Alex had locked it by breaking the handle on both sides and Alex readied his rifle just in case. 

while the door was breaking down Alex heard two people land on the roof and he said "Touch the girl and I'll have to... Oh, it's the schicksal." Rita then said "why is this girl important, is she related to the anomaly that happened over here a bit ago?" Alex nodded "yeah, but these slavers want her." Alex removed the canister from his belt and handed it to Rita "hold onto this, the girl is radiating project end energy, take to a safe place, I'll handle the people here." Rita looked at the canister and said "somehow, even when I don't know you, I trust you. But how will you find us afterwards." Alex pointed to the girl "I can track project end energy from over 5 kilometers away. I'll know"

The door broke down and Alex was fired upon after all of the shots were fired he fired back hitting all of his targets square in the head. Upon all of the guards falling Alex walked up to their copses and said "truly disgusting, using people's lives for profit." As he walked past reloading his rifle he said "I'll do my best to free them." Alex jumped off the catwalk and onto one of the guards and shot him. Alex drew the guards pistol and shot three others before being spotted "there, it's him." Alex then ducked for cover behind a few boxes and fired on the guards. Alex discarded the pistol and readied his rifle, He aimed and then fired a few shots into each guard.

Alex ran forward he knew he wasn't done and as he got to the leaders he stopped. The boss of the whole thing stepped up onto the podium and looked back to Alex. "so you killed them all?" Alex shook his head "No, They were dead when I got here, now I get to kill you." The leader then said "so are you going to kill all of us?" alex nodded "yeah, and I'm gonna take this place down." The leader looked to his guards and the slaves before saying "slaves, you know what to do." The slaves and guards then took out pistols this caused Alex to say "OH, this is Fucked."

Alex moved back knocking two guards out and taking their pistols. Alex used both pistols and shot quite a few guards before tossing the pistols aside and drawing his rifle the once slaves fired on him from cover and a few shots struck his chest, he flinched but got back into action quickly, killing the first set of 'slaves' The leader had gotten away, but was likely still in the facility, so Alex pulled a grenade and looked around, he found a gas tank on the far end and thought "what could go wrong."

Alex did a coupe of practice throws of the grenade before getting the right angle, so in a quick flash Alex pulled the pin, threw it and got the hell outta there. With the slaver leader "so, where is he?" One of the guys then said "he.... just left? Why the hell would he lea-" 

Alex left as the explosion occurred he looked back and said "so long." He then switched to his project end sense and looked around, he could see the girl to the north so he began to walk that way. As he did he noticed a piece of his arm flop down, like a slab of meat, so he opened his bag and grabbed a bit of tape and wrapped it around his arm "it's not... bad, but it should hold until I get home."

Alex approached the two valkyries and the girl when Dundral said "I saw that explosion from here, nice one." Alex ignored and looked to the girl and said "and how are you doing?" The girl then said "I-I-I've been good, these two have treated me right." Alex smiled "that's good, now stay still for a sec." Alex then grabbed the girl's arm before getting shocked "huh, I can't take it?" Rita then said "what's wrong?" Alex just smiled "well she is special, and not in a good way, I tried to take some energy, but something is stopping me from doing that. which is why I have a proposition for you." Alex pulled out the beacon and tossed it to rita "if for whatever reason, she gets a bit strange, press the button on the beacon, and I'll come and sort it out."  

After the two valkyries and child left Alex gave a smile looking at the canister "let's see what kind of energy the girl was using. Whatever was absorbed will tell me everything."'Alex then opened a portal and went back through.