The two captains.

A few days passed and Alex had been trying his best to work on the equipment, but they tore themselves apart when used. Alex thought he was putting a bit to much energy into them each time. Alex wanted to make the equipment as powerful as possible, without having them break apart. He was getting restless trying to figure out how to make them work and constantly, and was unfortunate enough while overworking to be caught by theresa who swiftly told him to get some rest.

It was morning and Alex awoke, he checked the time and saw that it was 11 am, he slept in. As he got up stretched his arms, cleaned himself, and got ready for the day. As he left the room he noticed that nobody was roaming the halls. He shrugged and walked to the dining area and to his surprise, nobody was there either. He ate breakfast and left shortly after, "where is everyone?" Alex then decided to go to the bridge to see if the captain was there.

"hello? Anyone here" Alex said as he approached the bridge The captain was there and she said "ah, well good morning." Alex looked around and asked "where is everyone?" The captain chuckled "out with their lovers, or on dates. It's valentine's day, did you not know?" Alex tilted his head "valentine's day?" The captain then said "oh right, you haven't lived here for long and haven't gotten used to our cultures and traditions yet. It's not a holiday per say, but we do give the others some time to themselves. It's kinda like a romance day, which is why everyone is gone" Alex then said "so what about you, do you like someone?" The captain's face blushed and she said "well, there is one." Alex then said "who is it?" The captain blushed even harder "it's the other captain." Alex looked confused for a sec before saying "oh I remember him, zach right?" The  captain nodded "yeah." Alex then said "what is your name, I don't think I ever got it." The captain then said "oh, right, my name is Sarah." Alex smiled "so how did you meet zach?" Sarah chuckled "it's quite a weird story. Sit, we have all day."

"about 5 years ago, I was still quite a young girl, mom was a perfectionist, and dad was in prison, I was just about to finish my second year of highschool, oh boy that didn't last long, shortly after finishing I was put into a big accident and my mother attempted to kill me, I was lucky and dad had broken out of prison and he got me out of there, we were eventually lead to Soukai city, and Dad left me there while he distracted mom. I lived on the streets for a while scrounging for food, and when I turned 18 I began to sell my body for money, not really my cup of tea, but it stopped me from starving. For a few months I was like that, then I was caught up in something and I was going to lose a lot, I got mugged, fortunately I met him, my hero, Zach, oh and Kiana too. They saved my life and offered me a place to stay, I accepted and later on they offer me a position as a captain, I was excited, the most I have ever been in my life, It's why now, I'm a slight grump." 

Alex looked shocked "I'm sorry, that must be hard for you, dealing with a betrayal like that?" Sarah nodded " It's fine, I've been over it for a long time, I've learnt a lot living here and becoming the second captain, I guess you have too?" Alex nodded "yeah, it's been quite fun learning about everything that goes on here, and I do appreciate everyone here, which is why I'm trying so hard to make equipment for everyone." The captain then said "you are, how is that working out for you?" Alex created a greatsword out of thin air and is shattered immedatly 
"not good, I want to use spare project end energy to form these weapons, however I think they can't handle the energy and tear themselves apart." The captain then said "couldn't you just borrow some of their weapons and upgrade them?" Alex sighed "I don't want to risk breaking anything, actually hold on." Alex then left leaving the captain to be confused.

Alex ran to the storage area and went into his container and grabbed two pistols of the same type and said "alright, these should work." He made sure they were unloaded and ran back u to the bridge. The captain looked at the guns and said "what are you doing?" Alex chuckled "I don't want to work on Kiana's guns for this, but I do have my own if I can make changes on these and give them to Kiana to try out then I could make another special type based on observations." Alex looked around the guns trying to find a good point to improve. He then looked at the magwell and said "and I think I know where to start." Alex then ran off again, and Sarah said "I should follow him."

She followed Alex to the shooting range and saw him doing something to the pistol and asked "what are you doing?" Alex chuckled "I've modified the magwell to generate a special ammunition based on how much project end energy is in, as such the higher the charge the more useful it'll be, and since the engine uses project end energy now, they'll be able to charge when on the hyperion wirelessly, pretty neat right?" The captain nodded "you seem like you know what you are doing, but I'll stay with you just in case something happens."

Zach was wandering the streets of soukai city thinking about what he wanted to do, until he saw Kiana and Mei walking together and said "oh hey you two, how are you two doing." Kiana smiled "good, you gonna see Sarah today, you remember the day right?" Zach's face went from a smile to a hard oh shit and he said "ah thanks for reminding me, see ya."

Sarah was looking at Alex firing the gun in the range, she wondered how weapons using project end energy would fare in an actual combat situation, she then said to Alex "how well do you think these will do?" Alex stopped shooting set the gun down and said "I'm hoping these work well, testing is fine so far and if I can get my hands on a basic weapon of every type, I should be able to convert it to an end energy one, Guns cannons and crosses will fire out a refined energy projectile, while the others are either sharper or have extra force behind it allowing to strike stronger. Of course, it'll take time to perfect, I can't just whip it up on the fly, I've gotta learn more experience more, I feel as if I could make the guns because I know a bit more about them, while I don't really know if I could make a cross because I've never seen them in action." Sarah nodded "I see, well if you are testing, let someone know at the very least, I don't want you to get injured producing these things."

Sarah was on the bridge looking out into the evening when she heard a voice come from behind her. "I thought you'd be up here." She turned and saw Zach and said "ZACH, why are you here?" She then hugged him, he smiled and rubbed her smooth red hair and said "Kiana reminded me, and I couldn't on a day like this." Sarah looked shocked "if Kiana told you the-" she didn't have time to finish her sentence and felt the embrace of zach who said "yeah, but it's fine."  as the two looked into eachothers eyes they knew what they both wanted to do. 

Zach and sarah both shared a kiss that lasted for a while, Zach then said "so, you, me the rest of the day alone in my room?" Sarah chuckled "well i'll come along. Don't know about the rest of the day though." Just before leaving an alert came on and Zach said "that's alex's thing right, and if both of them are out?" Sarah smiled holding up the pair of keys "Kiana and Seele told me to open it if need be, want to do it together?" Zach took the key and said "I'll be happy to."

Alex had packed away a few of the prototypes when the alert came on and he said "finally another one." He grabbed his bag put his gun and a few energy bars. As soon as he left his room he sprinted for the deck and said to sarah on the comms "you got the keys right?" He then heard sarah say "yes, just get to the portal, I'll see you later." The portal opened up, Alex jumped through and closed again.

A couple of hours had passed and the valkyries began to trickle back onto the hyperion, the first couple were Theresa and Himeko with theresa looking embarrassed. As she walked to her room and slammed the door the two captains came out and Himeko said "ah you two are here, where is Alex?" Sarah then said "he had to go through the portal, I wonder where he is going. Also why did theresa slam the door shut?" Himeko smiled "I took her out with me on one of my dates, I kinda embarrassed her by saying she was a cousin and treating her like a child, I kinda overdid it, only a bit though."

Kiana, Mei, Seele and Bronya all entered the hyperion at the same time and Sarah said "how was your day?" Kiana spoke first and said "well we had fun, a lot of fun." Mei then said "we definitely did, what about you captain?" Sarah smiled "well I was surprised by Zach today, before that I was just making sure Alex didn't get hurt. But I did get to learn more about this, project end and how the hyperion uses its energy."

As everyone went to bed Kiana stayed up and watched the stars for a bit until she heard Zach's voice who said "Can't sleep?" Kiana looked at Zach and said "did you do it?" Zach nodded "yeah, I confessed." Kiana smiled "good on you, so are you both going to be on here for a while?" Zach nodded "indeed we are, but I gotta know, why are you so adamant on getting the both of us together?" Kiana smiled "That is a secret that I will take to the grave."