Chapter 11

It may be because of Li Hu's suggestion that Zhou Hui had a lot of dreams that night.

People live to such an extent that he knows his dreams. He also wonders how he remembers so long and secret past events, and these things, after thousands of years of vicissitudes, are still as clear as yesterday.

That was when the Phoenix gave birth to its eldest son. The sky was strange and the world was unstable. The mother's dan was rapidly absorbed by the embryo. Many people said that the Phoenix could not survive this time.

Phoenix does not die with Nirvana, but it does not mean that it can live forever. Once the soul is returned to the infinite ruins 33 days away, it is said to be eternal, but in fact it is no different from death.

Zhou Hui knelt in front of the golden Buddha of heaven and earth for seven days and seven nights, and a string of blue beads held in his hand turned around thousands of times.

"Are you converted?" Buddha asked for the first time.

Zhou Hui remained silent for a long time and said, "No."

Thunder and lightning flashed outside the hall, and heavy rain fell, and countless lightnings fell from the sky like a winding dragon, lashing the earth to the scorched earth.

Hu Qing supported an oil-paper umbrella and walked from the crooked bluestone trail at the foot of the mountain, standing at the entrance of the Buddhist temple. He was like a lonely ghost in a rainy night. His wet face was very gray, and he said quietly: "I can't hold it."

"..."

"Phoenix said that if at the end, Neidan can be sacrificed to protect the embryo."

"..."

The lights in the buddhist hall are like beans, and half of Zhou Hui's profile is hidden in the darkness, making it obscure.

Buddha asked again: "Are you converted?"

It took a long time this time, until Hu Qing thought he had fallen asleep in this position, or simply turned into a stone and rooted underground, only to hear him suddenly open his mouth and said in a hoarse voice:

"Do not."

On the tenth day, the heavens and the earth fell down, the black wind was made, and the rainstorms were endless, like the legendary ice hell. In the vast world, ghosts and ghosts dance wildly, glaciers collapse, seawater pours back, and the earth trembles and cracks in the roar of blood and fire.

Zhou Hui shivered all over, pinched his nails into the beads, and pinched a few pieces of blue glaze to cracks.

Buddha asked for the third time: "Are you converted?"

The sharp lobes fell deeply into his palm, and the blood traced into the heart of the Buddha's beads along the fine cracks, reflecting the misty and faint light under a star candlelight.

"I......"

He wanted to say that I was willing to take refuge, but the weight of the words seemed to break apart, pressing his back to bend, and almost every inch of bone would break from it.

"I......"

He closed his eyes tightly, trembling and opening his mouth, but then suddenly heard a voice in front of the Buddhist hall:

"Birth! Phoenix chicks are born!"

"Peacock is born, wisdom is bright, merit is perfect, and Dharma is accessible!"

"Maha Mo Yuli Luo Que, born to the ground, like the snowy mountain Jinyang, sealed the Peacock King!"

...