The second worst night of my life

Edward carried me on his back as fast as he could to my house. When we got there, I found my aunt packing some of my brothers' luggage.

"Aunt Abby!" I said when she saw me.

"Violet! We can't delay! Pack your things as quickly as possible! We don't have much time before your father gets back!" she said, really worried.

"Why? What happened?" She looked at me, but didn't dare to answer me for fear of my reaction.

"Your mother will be executed tonight. I'm so sorry, Violet. That's why your father isn't here." Edward answered. He must have read my aunt's mind.

"There must be something we can do to stop this!" I screamed, crying.

"I'm so sorry, honey, but your dad knows that I'm a witch just like you and your mom, if we try to stop this, we'll be in danger too." she said, looking panicked and sad. "You have to pack your things so I can take you and your brothers away from here. That's what your mother asked me to do."

"But I can't abandon Rose!" I said, enraged.

"Don't worry, my family and I can take Violet. Rose will be there too, she's turning into a vampire now, my father saved her last night." Edward answered calmly.

"Evelyn and I knew the Cullens were vampires. We trust yellow eyed vampires. Violet, I think it's time to say goodbye to your brothers then."

I said goodbye to Samuel and Benjamin, I was feeling an inexplicable pain, a pain that was not physical. I was more afraid of them being afraid of me knowing now what I am.

"Sam, Ben, I want you to know that I love you both so much, you're the best brothers I could ever have. But I can't be with you, I'll stay with Rose and the Cullens, aunt Abby will explain the rest later." I hugged both and then turned to my aunt.

"Goodbye, aunt Abby." I looked at her and we hugged.

"Goodbye, Violet. If you need me, I'll be in Harrisville, Rhoe Island." she looked one last time to me before disappearing with my brothers quickly, she teleported.

"Let's go, we don't have much time, your fathe will be home soon." Edward said, ready to carry me away.

When we returned, it had been one night since Rose had been transformed, and her body was adjusting to the poison and preparing to complete the transformation. Esme was waiting for me, as was Carlisle.

"What happened?" Carlisle asked worriedly.

"Honey, don't worry, you can restart your life... Welcome home, Violet Cullen." Esme said.

"I try not to worry, but that's impossible, I said goodbye to my brothers and my aunt. I couldn't do the same with my mom, who by now must be dead." I said, falling on the floor, I couldn't feel my legs anymore.

"I'm so sorry, Violet. I understand your pain right now." Esme said.

"You do?" I asked confusedly.

"Come with me, dear."

Esme took me to the room where I had slept the night before. He asked me to lie down on the bed, and stood beside me stroking my hair, trying to calm me down.

"You will probably spend the rest of your life with us, so I think I need to be honest with you."

"I was turned in 1921. Not long after my son passed. I was 26, my husband used to abuse me, and when he went to the war, I'd found out I was pregnant, so I ran away. After I gave birth, 2 days after, my son died, he had a lung problem. I couldn't stand the loss of my son, so I jumped off a cliff, the doctors thought I wad dead, but Carlisle knew he could turn me." she really missed her son, I could see it in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry, Esme. I didn't know."

"I am too, dear, I still miss my boy, who I barely met." she would have cried if she was human.

"I'll live the eternity with you, I know you're not my birth mom, but after what you and your family did, I think I could start calling you mom." Esme was the sweetest person I've ever known.

"I'd be really happy if you called me that."

A few minutes passed with no one talking, just exchanging glances. So then she spoke:

"You should rest. Tomorrow Carlisle would like to know a little more about your species."

"I don't know if I can sleep."

"I can lay down with you like yesterday, that might help."