Date?

I was concentrating on finishing Percy Jackson and the Sea of Monsters when I hear my cell phone ring. I drop the book on the bed and look for my phone inside my school bag. When I see who was calling, Jake. I always had to remember not to sound suspicious when talking to him, so that no one would find out that I was hanging out with the werewolves. I answered the call, trying as hard as I could to make my voice sound the same, I thought at the time to call him Mark, so that my family would think it was Mark Newton.

"Hey, Mark!" I said, trying to sound casual.

"Mark? I'm not... Oh! I get it... How you doing, Doll?" Jake said.

"I'm doing good! How are you?"

"Good. I was wondering if you want to have dinner here tonight. We'll eat by the fire pit, my dad is going to tell us about the quileute legends, everyone is coming! It'll be really fun! Bella's coming too!"

"Oh, yeah. Edward mentioned that... May I take one of my girl friends with me?"

"Of course! They'll love to meet them. I'll see you later, then?"

"Yeah. See you later."

And I hung up the phone. I was coming out of my room to ask for permission to go out tonight (amazingly enough I still had to do that) when I opened the door and there was Alice, very excited, she always scared me by appearing like that out of nowhere.

"God, Alice! You've got to stop doing that! You're just like Sarah!" I said, Sarah was always scaring me too, not on purpose.

"I'm sorry! But I couldn't help but hear your call! It was Mark Newton, wasn't it?" she said, smirking.

"Why do you always have to get involved in things that are not yours? And yes, it was Mark..." I said, impressed at how natural my lie sounded.

"Oh! You're going on a date!" Alice said, shouted actually, causing Esme and Rosalie to go and see what was going on.

"You? On a date?" Rosalie asked, she seemed curious.

"It's not a date! He invited me to go out with his friends... and I asked him if I could take a friend too. Actually I was just going to ask you if I could go out tonight." I said, turning to Esme.

"Of course, Dear! Have fun!" she went back to whatever she was doing before.

"Which outfit are you thinking of going? What about your make up?" Alice said excitedly.

"Alice, it's not a date! I'll go with what I'm wearing right now. As a matter of fact, I'm going to call Grace and invite her to go with me."

"But wouldn't it be weird if Grace went along? After all, you're supposed to be 15, and you're going out with 15-year-olds? Grace is 18."

"That's not a problem. If you two excuse me, I need to call her and invite her."

Alice and Rosalie left, but I felt that they were still paying attention to my conversation with Grace. I called her, and she answered in no time.

"Violet! To what do I owe the honor?" Grace still sounded way too polited, I didn't know if she was just joking or not.

"Grace! I hope you don't have any plans tonight, I want you to meet some friends."

"I am free! Meet me where, and at what time?"

"You can pick me up now."

"Sure! I'm on my way!"

She hung up. In Forks I got very close to Sarah, who knew all about my life and knew that I was dating werewolves, but I didn't give Grace much opportunity to get close again. I grabbed a bag from my closet, put my cell phone inside, and went downstairs to the living room, waiting for my ride. Which was a mistake, because Carlisle and Esme were in the living room, probably waiting for me.

"Violet, Alice told us about your date tonight." Carlisle said, trying to sound fatherly and friendly.

"Dad, Mom, you must know by now how Alice gets so worked up sometimes. It's not a date! He's taking his friends, and I'm taking mine, in fact she's taking me. If it was a date I wouldn't be wearing this outfit, obviously."

"We just want to you have fun, Darling." Esme said, delicately.

Not long after Grace came by.

"See you later!" I left before I could hear what they said.

"Hey, Violet!"

"Hey, Grace! Come on, let's go."

"Where is it? Will we meet your friends from school?"

"Just go around and follow the path you did to come here."

I waited a few miles away from home, until I couldn't see it anymore so I could tell her the truth.

"Grace, here's the thing. My parents and my sisters think I am going on a date, even though I made it clear that I was going to meet Mark Newton and his friends, nothing romantic."

"Who's Mark Newton?"

"A boy from school. Actually, I want you to drive to La Push, we are going to Jacob's house, my werewolf friend."

"Werewolf? La Push?" she was confused.

"Yeah. They're not really Children of the Moon, because they don't turn on a full moon, they turn when they want to, and they don't feed on human flesh. My family must not know that I am meeting with Jake and his werewolf friends, Grace. Many years ago, the werewolves declared themselves rivals to the vampires and forbade my family to go to La Push. The only person who knows that I am friends with them is Bella."

"That's fine. But how can you go to La Push if your family is banned form going there?"

"The've banned the vampires, since I'm not one I'm not banned."

About half an hour later, we arrived at Jake's house, who was waiting for us outside with Bella. Grace parked the car and we walked down to them.

"What's up, Doll! I've missed you!" Jake came over excitedly, and hugged me. Bella laughed; she must have thought it was strange that a Cullen was friends with Jacob Black.

"JJake, Bella, this is my friend Grace King. She has been my friend since I lived with my biological family." I said, and I could see Bella's look of surprise when I said Grace's last name and when I mentioned my biological family.

"It's nice meeting you!" Grace said, greeting them both.