Old friends

A few days after Ryan, Thomas and Janet arrived, Seth went to spend some time with his family, it turned out he was staying here more than in his own home. Since there was no more worrying about Bella now, I decided to go to Grace and Helen's house, where all the witches were there to meet the Children of the Moon. Obviously Carlisle and Esme let me go, after all I had gone a long time without seeing my friends. I drove my new car to their house.

"Come in, Vi!" Helen told me, opening the door.

Again, I greeted everyone who was there. It was like a welcome party. I saw that Thomas was in the corner with a glass, while Ryan and Janet were cuddling on the couch. I went over to Thomas.

"How you doing, handsome?" I said.

Thomas was very handsome and muscular.

"Not as well as you, now that you have a puppy tof your own." Thomas said sarcastically, but I noticed he was also jealous.

" Stop it, Thomas. What did you think you would find when you saw me again? Did you think I would be single and alone and crying because I missed you? Come on, our relationship was how long ago? More than 40 years ago?" I told him.

"I know, Blondie. But I have to confess that it is not easy to find the love of your life again with someone else."

He called me blondie... He was the only one who called me that.

I noticed he was focused on something, someone. When I followed his gaze, I noticed he was looking at Grace.

"You like her, don't you?"

"Is that obvious?"

"Love is obvious most of the time. The way you look at her tells me everything."

"A part of me feels that this would be wrong... Ryan is like a brother to me, the big brother I always wanted to have." he said.

"I understand. But I guess you shouldn't think it's wrong, after all Ryan is with your sister." I said. "And even if he wasn't, Ryan wouldn't be mad at you."

He thought for a moment. "You're her friend, right? Helen told me you two grew up together and are like sisters."

"Yeah. Why? You want me to talk to her?"

"Yes, please, Blondie!"

"Any other wishes I can fulfill for you?" I said jokingly.

"Actually yes... one more little favor..." Thomas said, looking like a lovesick puppy. "You are also very close to Ryan, and I think you would be better off talking to him than me..."

"I got you, Wolfie. " I said, that was what I called him when we first met.

He smiled and motioned for me to go talk to one of them. I thought it best to talk to Ryan first. I walked over to him and Janet.

"Excuse me. Jan, may I steal Ryan for a little?" I asked.

"Of course, Vi. I'll take the opportunity to talk to my brother, he's looking strange." Janet said.

Janet went to Thomas and left me alone with Ryan on the couch. "Who knew... my two friends are together! I would never have imagined that."

"Yeah, me neither. But, did you want to talk to me, Vi?"

"Actually, yes, Ryan. Well, I know that you and Thomas are great friends, you're like brothers. And I don't know how Thomas reacted when he heard that Janet and you were together..." I said.

"Pretty bad actually..." he told me. "But go on."

"I wanted to know, in fact, Thomas wanted to know, but he thought it better that I ask you instead of him if it would be okay if he went out with your sister."

"Of course it doesn't. I even thought it would happen before we got to Forks and the two of them met, they are so alike... And I don't boss either of them around, my sister and him are free to date whoever they want."

"You're a great friend, Ryan. I'm happy Thomas and Grace have you as a brother."

We hugged. "I almost forgot. I'm sorry I left you at that time, but I guess it was necessary for me to have control over myself in animal form."

"I get it, Ryan. You did it to protect me, even if I had to suffer for that."

I got up and went to Grace.

"Hey there, Cullen, how are you?" she asked me.

"Good, what about you, King?"

"Good..." she said. "I needed to talk to you."

"Me too. But you first, it seems more important."

"So, I'm really happy my brother's back and he's found someone... But I can't help but feel lonely..."

"Really? Because what I had to talk to you is about that!"

"Really?"

"Yeah. Thomas, Janet's brother, he's been my friend for a long time, and he asked me to talk with you."

"What did he ask you to talk to me about?"

"He likes you, Grace. Believe me, I've never seen him so in love before... not even for me he was like that."

Thomas was the kind of boy who much preferred to enjoy life, hook up with people, to have a serious relationship. For him, relationships were like a form of prison. Ours was different, he really had feelings for me, but at the same time he didn't want to be in a relationship, and neither did I... So at that time we agreed to be friends with benefits.

And I really saw how he liked Grace, he seemed to have changed since we've met.

"Really, Vi?" she said, surprised. "Because I also like him..."

"For real? He won't believe it! Grace, I think you two are gonna get it really well! You're so alike."

Thomas was the typical jock, a handsome, strong and athletic guy who just want to enjoy life and hates studying. Grace is like a feminine version of him, the popular girl in school, the queen B.

I went with Grace to where Thomas was, talking with Janet.

"Thomas, I think you know Grace, but I don't mind introducing you two again!"

"Hey, Thomas." Grace spoke.

I took Janet by the hand and we left the two of them. We haven't had much conversation just between the two of us yet.

"When Thomas opened up to me and told me he was into her, I couldn't believe it!" Jane said. "I never thought that my brother could really have feelings for other girls."

"Believe me, neither did I!"

"Vi, I wanted to apologize, but I haven't had the time to yet..."

"Apologize for what, Jan?"

"For being with Ryan, of course! I know that when you were with him we didn't know each other yet, and when you were with my brother I didn't know him yet, but we are friends, great friends, and generally that's not what friends do to each other... "

"Jan, there is no need to apologize. If I still had feelings for Ryan, I would have gone to him, and he would have gone to me. But it's fate, we weren't meant to be together. Even more so because now I really have found my half."

"It's true... And I am very happy for you! Seth is very sweet and a very lucky boy."

"I was the lucky girl to be in the right place and time..." I said quietly.

"The boys are also really happy for you, Vi. But it's just their way of dealing with this, although they do know that Seth makes you happy, they obviously were a little jealous when they found out about you two..."

"Yeah, I get it. Now if everything works right, Thomas and Grace will get along well too!"

"I hope they do."

I've missed my old friends so much...