Love and friendship

"What did you call him?" Edward asked curiously.

Bella blushed. "I sort of named him. I didn't think you would want... well, you know."

"EJ?"

"Your father's name was Edward, too."

"Yes, it was. What—?" he paused and then said, "Hmm."

"What?" Bella and I asked.

"He likes my voice, too. And Violet's."

"Of course she does." I said jokingly.

"Edward, you have the most beautiful voice in the universe. Who wouldn't love it?" Bella said.

"Do you have a backup plan?" I asked her. "What if he's a she?"

I said that because my intuition was telling me it was a girl, and a witch's intuition have always been good. Listening to our conversation, Rose leaned over of the sofa with the same face there was on Bella's.

"I kicked a few things around. Playing with Renée and Esme. I was thinking... Ruh-nez-may."

"Ruhnezmay?" I asked.

"R-e-n-e-s-m-e-e. Too weird?"

"No, I like it," Rose assured her, looking at me like I wasn't supposed to think the name was weird. "It's beautiful. And one of a kind, so that fits."

"I still think he's an Edward." Bella said.

"I bet it's going to be Ruhnezmay." I murmured.

Rose stared me like she was demanding me to stop talking. Edward was staring off into space, his face blank as he listened.

"What? What's he thinking now?" Bella asked.

"He loves you," Edward whispered. "He absolutely adores you."

I turned to Jake and read his mind. He noticed he was alone, that now he was the only one who thought Bella shouldn't have this baby. Jake was shaking with anger and he got up from the couch.

"Ahh," Edward choked.

Edward ran towards a small table, took his car keys and tossed it at Jake.

"Go, Jacob. Get away from here." Edward said.

Jake took the keys and ran with anger to the garage. I didn't know who to talk to, if I scolded at Edward for being rude, or if I ran towards Jake so I could help him. I chose the first option, but I'd go after Jake soon I finished with Edward.

"Edward, what were you thinking? You just kicked Jake out of our house!" I said, angrily.

Bella was also angry, but not so much like me, because she knew why Jake was furious, and she didn't need to read his mind to know what was all that about.

"I didn't kick him out of ouy house, Vi. I just tried to help him with what he needed."

I heard a car noise, Jake left. I looked at Edward, still angry with him, and then ran to the garage. I got there and I've noticed Jake used Edward's Aston Martin Vanquish. I took the first car keys I found, Alice's yellow Porsche, who was as fast as the Aston Martin.

I jumped to the car and started the engine. I wouldn't catch Jake, I'd just follow him. Edward wouldn't borrow that car over nothing, there must be a reason. I left the house, and only a few minutes later I could see Jake, but I didn't let him to notice me.

He was driving really fast. But with the Porsche it wasn't so hard to reach the same speed as him, I was thought how to drive by Emmett after all. I was between Tacoma and Seattle. Jake stopped near a big park, he parked and got out of the car, joining the crowd. I parked near Edward's car.

I tried focusing my mind on Jake, so I could read his mind. Someone called him.

"Hey, you okay? Hello? You there, with the stolen car." it was a feminine voice.

Jake turned to her. She was pretty, strawberry blonde hair, pale, a few frackled and brown eyes. She must've been sixteen at most.

"If you're feeling that remorseful over boosting the car, you could always turn yourself in."

"It's borrowed, not stolen," he snapped.

"Sure, that'll hold up in court."

Jake was not in a good mood. "You need something?"

"Not really. I was kidding about the car, you know. It's just that... you look really upset about something. Oh, hey, I'm Lizzie." the girl said, helding out her hand.

Jake looked at her hand until she let it fall.

"Anyway, I was just wondering if I could help. Seemed like you were looking for someone before."

Who would Jake look for in park in the middle of nowhere?

"Yeah."

They were silent for a few seconds.

"I don't need any help. She's not here."

"Oh. Sorry."

"Me, too," he mrumured.

Focusing on Jake's mind I understood what was all that about. He was desperately trying to find his imprint.

"This is a beautiful car. It's really a shame they're not making them anymore. I mean, the Vantage's body styling is gorgeous, too, but there's just something about the Vanquish..." she said. "How's it drive?"

"Like you wouldn't believe," he told her.

She smiled, and he smiled back.

"I'd better get this car back to the guy I borrowed it from," he muttered.

"Glad to hear you're going straight."

"Yeah, you convinced me."

He started to turned back to the car. I tried hiding, but it was too late. A yellow Porsche was not so common. He knocked on the window, and I opened it, looking at him with guilt.

"I'm sorry Jake... but I needed to find out why Edward would borrow his Aston Martin." I spoke. "I was worried about you."

"As if." he said, rolling his eyes.

I got out of the car and stood in front of him.

"I really do worry about you, Jake. I may be Seth's imprint, but that doesn't mean I can't love other people. I love you, you're the best friend I could've asked for. Y'know, it's not the same being friends with my siblings, they usually look with other eyes... I've always wanted a guy best friend. The same way you worry about Bella, I worry about you." I said.

"It's not the same thing, Doll." he said, a little upset. "Loving ad a friend and loving someone romantically."

"It may not be the same, but it's still love. I am really sorry, Jake. You have no idea how much I wanna see you happy again. I'd do anything to se you happy, but unfortunately bringing you happiness is something I can't help you with. But, and I won't tell you this just to make you feel better, I'll tell you this because is something that I'm almost sure of, that it won't take long for you to find your imprint, I feel it. My advice is to always listen to a witch, they are always right."

We hugged tightly.

"We better get back home before Edward starts thinking we ran away together." I said.

He smiled a little. He got in Edward's car and I got in Alice's. And then we went back home.