Father and daughter meet again

"You, you, and you," Alice said to Leah, Seth and Jake. "If you must stay, get over in the corner and commit to being there for a while. I need to see. Bella, you'd better give him the baby, too. You'll need your arms free, anyway."

Bella handed Nessie to Jake.

"Am I allowed to leave?" Leah asked, uncomfortable in her human form.

"Of course," I said.

"Stay east so you don't cross Charlie's path," Alice told her.

Leah left without looking at Alice. It would be hard getting closer with her.

Edward went to stay near Bella. "You can do this. I know you can. I'll help you; we all will."

"Yeah... It'll be exciting to see Bella deseparte without being able to breath afraid she'll attack her dad." I thought out loud.

Bella and Edward both made a face to me. "What? I'm only speaking the truth."

"Have you ever thought if it were you and you attacked your father?" Bella said.

"I wouldn't even try to have self control... I'd attack him without thinking twice." I said, talking about Robert.

Bella was a little confused thinking I was talking about Carlisle.

"She was talking about her birth father. She wouldn't be psycho enough to the point she'd do that to Carlisle..." Edward told her.

"Just chill, Bella. If I didn't believe you could handle it, we'd disappear today. This very minute. But you can. And you'll be happier if you can have Charlie in your life." I told her.

"And if you can't handle it, look directly at Violet. She'll change the scent and you'll be fine." Edward said.

They didn't want me to just change Charlie's scent, they wanted to train Bella so she could have self control.

Alice handed Bella a little white box. "These will irritate your eyes—they won't hurt, but they'll cloud your vision. It's annoying. They also won't match your old color, but it's still better than bright red, right?

"When did you—" Bella started speaking, but she was interrupted by Alice.

"Before you left on the honeymoon. I was prepared for several possible futures."

Bella put the contact lenses.

"I see what you mean," Bella murmured. "How do I look?"

Edward smiled. "Gorgeous. Of course—"

"Yes, yes, she always looks gorgeous," Alice finished his thought. "It's better than red, but that's the highest commendation I can give. Muddy brown. Your brown was much prettier. Keep in mind that those won't last forever—the venom in your eyes will dissolve them in a few hours. So if Charlie stays longer than that, you'll have to excuse yourself to replace them. Which is a good idea anyway, because humans need bathroom breaks." Alice shook her head. "Esme, give her a few pointers on acting human while I stock the powder room with contacts."

"How long do I have?" Esme asked.

"Charlie will be here in five minutes. Keep it simple." I had read Alice's mind.

Esme nodded. "The main thing is not to sit too still or move too fast,"

"Sit down if he does," Emmett interjected. "Humans don't like to just stand there."

"Let your eyes wander every thirty seconds or so," Jasper added. "Humans don't stare at one thing for too long."

"Cross your legs for about five minutes, then switch to crossing your ankles for the next five," Rose said.