The bet

I was with Edward in his room. We were back to the way it used to be, I went back to telling him my secrets, and he went back to listening to me and advising me and telling his secrets too. And since we both had the power of telepathy, so we communicated through the mind, without letting others know about our conversations. I had just told him exactly what happened the other night when I ran away from home. Edward's cell phone rang.

"Bella? You left the phone... I'm sorry, did Jacob drive you home?" unlike vampires, I couldn't hear Bella on the other side of the call. "I'm on my way. What's wrong?"

Bella said something, and obviously I couldn't understand, I didn't have super hearing, but it couldn't be something good. Edward had now a concerned expression.

"What happened?" he asked her. "Good, though I'm sorry you're hurt."

"I can fix that. That doesn't sound like you, what did he do?"

I tried to follow the conversation carefully, since it was about Jacob. Edward then got an expression that would scare anyone. He was angry.

"What is it, Edward?" I asked him worriedly, with his sudden change of mood.

"That dog kissed Bella. She punched him in the face. Now she thinks her hand's broken. I'll pick her up and bring her so Carlisle can examine her."

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"No, I'll just go by myself. Notify Carlisle about this." Edward said, and a second later he was no longer in front of me, he was starting his car.

I went downstairs, where everyone was in the living room, not understanding what was going on.

"Dad, Edward went to get Bella so you can examine her." I told him, making everyone worried about my statement.

"What happened?" Esme asked, looking even more worried.

"Bella was with Jacob and he kissed her and she punched him in the face. Bella thinks she broke her hand."

I noticed that Rosalie and Emmett were not in the room. They were both in the garage fixing Emmett's car. I decided to go to them and wait for Bella to arrive. A few minutes later they arrived.

Rose was under the car, just her legs sticking out from under Emmett's Jeep. Emmett was holding the car so she could fix it. Bella got out of Edward's car with his help, she was holding her broken hand against her chest.

"Fall down again, Bella?" Emmett asked her while he was grinning.

"No, Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face."

Emmett started laughing.

While Edward and Bella were passing beside Rose, who was under the car, she said, "Jasper's going to win the bet." she said smugly.

Emmett's laughter suddenly stopped.

"What bet?" Bella asked, pausing.

"Let's get you to Carlisle." Edward spoke.

"What bet?" she insisted.

"Thanks, Rosalie." Edward murmured.

"Edward..." Bella murmured.

"It's infantile. Emmett, Jasper and Violet like to gamble." we were always making bets or pranking each other.

"Emmett and Violet will tell me."

I was walking behind Edward and Bella.

"We're betting on how many times you slip up in the first year." I told her.

"Oh. You have a bet about how many people I'll kill?" she asked me.

"Yes. Rosalie thinks your temper will turn the odds in Jasper's favor." Edward said unwillingly.

"Jasper's betting high." I said.

"It will make him feel better if you have a hard time adjusting. He's tired of being the weakest link." Edward said.

"Sure. Of course it will. I guess I could throw in a few extra homicides, if it makes Jasper happy. Why not?"

"No, Bella! My bet is the same as Emmett's, you won't kill anyone because you'll be able to have self control. If you really love me, don't kill anyone." I spoke.

"You don't need to worry about it now. In fact, you don't have to worry about it ever, if you don't want to."

We got to Carlisle, who was already waiting for Bella with his medical equipment. We were all in the living room, Edward, Bella, Carlisle, Esme and I, waiting for Carlisle to finish examining Bella's hand.

"So what are you getting if Jasper lose the bet?" Bella asked me.

"Are you three really gambling?" Esme asked me while I smirked.

"If Jasper loses he'll have to buy me a car. You know, I only have a bike, a car would be nice."

"What car?" she asked me.

"A burgundy Porsche 911 Turbo 996."

"And if you lose?"

"Jasper will make me like a genie of the lamp, I'll basically do whatever he wants..." I sadly said while I thought how it would be if I lost.

"For how long?"

"He wanted to be forever. But that's a lot of time considering we're immortals. We agreed it would be twenty years. So think carefully before you make Jasper win the bet, if you already consider me your sister like I do, you'll pity me and will let me win." I told her while I pouted.

"So if Emmett wins, you also win?"

"Yeah. We bet the same thing. Jasper will lose doubly if he loses, but he bet because he's confident and he thinks he's an expert in newborns."

Carlisle examined Bella's hand and put a splint. After that, Edward took Bella home.