Confusions and a werewolf

As soon as the doorbell rang again, Bella went to open the door to answer it, but before she could notice, Alice had left. I stood in a place where I could see the door, but he couldn't see me. 

Bella opened the door. Outside the house, a boy of about 15 or 16, but looking about 20, was very tall and muscular, with dark skin and black hair. He looked disgusted, he knew there was a vampire in the house, his hands were trembling slightly. In front of Bella's house, on a motorcycle, two of his friends were waiting, probably afraid that something would happen. 

"Hey" Bella greeted him.

He was still outside the house.

"She's not here. Do you need something?"

"You're alone?"

"Yes." she lied.

"Can I talk to you a minute?"

"Of course you can, Jacob. Come on in."

He came in, but I couldn't hide. He went towards the living room.

"Slumber party?" he asked.

"Yeah. What's it to you?"

"Where's your friend? Wait-there are two makeshift beds, and the blood sucker does'nt sleep. Is there someone else here?"

"Alice had some errands to run. It's okay, you can come, Violet." she said. I came out from where I was hiding and went to them.

"Jacob this is Violet. Violet this is Jake."

Jacob looked with a strange face at Bella, obviously noticing that I was not a vampire.

"Who is she?"

"She's Edward's youngest sister. Violet Cullen."

Just when she mentioned I was a Cullen I took a step back.

"A Cullen? Since when do they house humans?"

"Oh-" Bella said, looking at me, afraid to reveal what I was.

"It's okay, Bella." I said while I got closer to them. "I'm not human. I'm a witch."

"A witch? Really?" he was laughing.

"You think I'm lying?" I was laughing at his reaction.

"I do. If you are really a witch, prove it." he was serious now.

So I approached him, but he backed away a little. I went towards his hand and asked:

"May I?"

"Trust her, Jake, she won't hurt you." Bella told him.

He let me take his hand. I started seeing his past.

"You are the youngest child of three. You have two older sisters, Rachel and Rebecca."

"Bella knows that. She could have told you." he said, challenging me.

"Your father is in a wheelchair because of diabetes. Your mother passed long ago in a car accident. I know Bella could know about all that, but why would she tell me? Can't you just believe me? Why would I be a Cullen if I was human?"

"Okay. You are a witch. Bella, you can't have friends who are not monsters, can you?"

"I'm far from being a monster, Jacob Black. I don't turn into a wild animal if I get angry and I also don't need blood to quench my thirst."

"What do you want, Jacob?" Bella asked him.

"I just have to ask you a couple of questions. It shouldn't take long. We have to get back for the funeral."

"Okay. Get it over with then."

"Two of the Cullens are staying here with you"

"Yes. Alice and Violet Cullen."

"How long are they here for?"

"As long as they want to be. It's an open invitation."

"Do you think you could... please... explain to them about the other one... Victoria?"

"Don't worry, she already told us." I answered before Bella could.

"I was talking with Bella. Bella, you should know that we can only watch our own lands with two Cullens here. You'll only be safe in La Push. I can't protect you here anymore."

"Okay. Is that all?"

"Just one more thing. Are the rest of them coming back now?"

I was ready to answer him again, but Bella stopped me.

"No. They aren't coming back."

"Okay. That's all."

"Well, run along now. Go tell Sam that the scary monsters aren't coming to get you."

"Okay"

I looked at her, I tried showing her what I wanted her to ask.

"But don't let any of the others think that Violet is a threat for the humans here." at least she got what I wanted her to say.

"I'll try." he quickly left the kitchen.

Before he left, he came back and called Bella. She went to him, and I tried listening to their conversation.

"Did it again, didn't I?" he asked her.

"Did what?"

"Broke my promise. Sorry."

"S'okay. I started it this time."

"Let's not worry about it, okay? They're just visiting, right? They'll leave, and things will go back to normal."

"Can't I be friends with you both at the same time?"

"No, I don't think you can. Even if I apparently have nothing against witches."

"But you'll wait, right? You'll still be my friend, even though I love Alice too?"

"Yeah, I'll always be your friend. No matter what you love."

Bella hugged him. He started sniffing her hair.

"Why does everyone keep doing that to me? I don't smell!"

"You don't smell to me, Bella. But I think I'm the only one besides you who thinks that."

"You smell like them. So sweet... sickly sweet. And... icy. It burns my nose. I think I'm just bearing it because her smell is not bad." he said, pointing at me.

"And what do I smell like?" I asked him.

"Something like herbs, like tea, and flowers, I think."

"Why would Alice think I smelled too, then?" Bella asked.

"Maybe I don't smell so good to her, either."

He murmured something only Bella could hear.

"It really doesn't have to be that way, Jake."

"Yes, it really does, Bella. You probably wouldn't like it too much if I killed your friend."

Then the phone rang.