Ch. 84

" Do you have an idea of how you want it to look?" Wafi asked me

I shook my head no, " Nah, not really."

" Do you want me to pull some pieces for you, so you can kind of get an idea of what you want and don't want?" He asked.

" Yeah."

" Ok, point out the ones in the case that you would like to see." He said causing me to look at all of the rings in the display case.

" He said causing me to look at all of the rings in the display case

" What type of diamond shape?"

" I'm thinking round or emerald. Ion wanna do the square or pear shape cause everybody doing that now."

He pulled out several different rings showing me different shapes and different sizes.

" Do you like any of these?" He asked me as I looked over the rings he pulled.

" They straight, but ain't nun of em yelling at me telling me I'm the one." I said as I shook my head.

" Halo or no halo?"

" What's that?"

" This is a ring that has a halo. It's when a setting that encircles the center stone in a collection of round pavé or micro-pavé diamonds. It can make the center stone look bigger. It also adds carat weight as well. The only downside is like you said it's very popular right now." He said as he held a ring up showing me an example.

" Can you show me the one with no halo?" I asked as I looked over the ring with Dolph, Woo, and Pjay.

" Of course. This is a 5 carat round cut all white vvs diamond. With no halo. It's a solitaire setting that has either 4 to 6 prongs. The prongs are strategically placed to hold the diamond in place. But in your case you said you're considering doing a round or emerald cut which is only going to need 4 prongs. It's going to be very expensive due to how big the center stone needs to be to give off the same effect of a halo setting, for it to give off that beautiful, clean, unique look you're going for." He said causing me to nod my head understanding what he was saying.