Ch. 43

Cali's POV

" Today's the day you go home? Are you excited as I am for you?" Evelyn smiled.

I shrugged my shoulders.

" Well, I'm sure you're excited to see that handsome little boy of yours."

I smiled as I nodded my head head yeah. Seeing my baby is the only thing I'm excited for. Because my face was still swollen and eyes were still black, I made it clear to my mama nem dat I didn't want AK coming to see me. My face was somewhat back to normal, but I still had minor swelling to my jaw.

" Amira, you got all ya stuff right? You ain't forgetting nothing is you?" My dad asked me.

Nigga, I wasn't conscious when I came hea. I don't know what all I came in this bitch with.

I just looked at him like he was stupid as I waited fa him to put 2 and 2 together.

" Don't answer dat. Dat was a stupid ass question." He said which made me nod my head agreeing with him.

" Yeah, it was. Make ya self useful, and go bring the car around to the front." My momma laughed.

" Come on let me put this jacket over ya shoulders. Cause it kinda cold out there." My momma said as she placed it on it.

" I suggest you guys take her straight home, and then come back out to pick up her prescriptions. Because medication will wear off in an hour or so." Evelyn said to my momma.

When I found out I was going home today, I was so scared. Cause I knew that meant I had to ride in a car. So, I told Evelyn and she gave me a Xanax to help calm my nerves.

" Ok, thank you so much. You the only nurse hea that made sho my baby was taken care of. We really appreciate all you've done fa us." My momma said which caused Evelyn to smile.

" I'm just doing my job. Y'all have my number call me if you guys have any questions or concerns. I don't care what time it is, feel free to contact me." Evelyn said.

Me and my momma both nodded our heads.

" Once again thank you. Come on, ya dad waiting on us." My momma said as she began pushing my wheelchair towards the door.

" Caliana, I hope you continue to make process and I wish you a speedy recovery." Evelyn waved bye.

I gave her a weak smile. My momma pushed me towards the elevator. The whole time I just held my head down not really wanting to look at anybody or anything. Once, we got on the elevator she pressed 1. The elevator dinged and opened letting us know we where now on the first floor. She pushed me out making sure my jacket and blanket were covering me. The cold air hit my face as the hospital entrance doors slide open. I seen my dad parked right in front of the doors waiting on us with the back door already opened. I felt my heart began to beat fast as we approached the car.

" Hold the wheelchair." My momma said to my dad.

He got behind me and held the wheelchair as my momma stood in front of me.

" Ok baby, wrap ya right arm around me. And try to stand up. Slowly. Don't rush, take ya time."

I did as I was told. She slowly started to help me lift myself outta of the wheelchair. I slowly started to shift my feet towards the car which wasn't that far away.

" Left ya feet, and step in. Make sure you watch ya head." My momma said.

Once I was in the backseat, and buckled in. My dad was back in the driver seat ready to go. He began to pull off. Had I not taken a Xanax I definitely wouldn't have been able to do this. Hell, even tho I've taken it I'm still scared honestly. I just closed my eyes the whole entire car ride. 30 minutes later we pulled up to the house. We went through the whole process off getting me out of the car, and into the house. I sat in the living room cause it was closer to door, and I didn't feel like walking that far.