Ch. 62

Key's POV

" I think that's a good idea son." My momma said.

I was on the phone with my momma telling about this idea I had fa Cali, and I just wanted to run it by her.

" Yeah, I already talked to Erica and Omari so they said they'll watch AK. So, you can call Erica, and plan some type of activity y'all both can do with AK." I suggested.

" Of course, I'ma call ha once I get off the phone with you."

" But I need you to watch Trigger too." I said causing her to smack her lips.

" Boy, if you don't put his ass in a damn doggy hotel or some shit." She fussed.

" Nah, they be getting over on folks. Charging almost $300 a night fa a damn dog. They out they damn mind. Them human price rates, and ian paying that shit." I said truthfully.

" Ok Markeyvius, I'll watch him fa you. Where Cali and my grand baby at anyways?" She laughed.

" Preciate dat ma. But AK just went to sleep fa the night bout 30 minutes ago. I took him a bath, so he out like a light. Cali in the guest room. She said she finna get in the shower or some, ion really know what she doing." I said honestly.

" Mhmm, well ion wanna hold you up. So I'll talk to you tomorrow. Tell Cali I said hey. I love you son."

" I will, and I love you too ma. Bye." I said as I hung up.

I was in the guest room Cali was staying in, but I didn't see her. I heard the shower running, so I figured she was in the shower. I was finna walk out the room until I heard crying. I walked towards the bathroom door, and realized the door was cracked. I peek through the crack, and Cali was standing in the mirror with her robe open staring at her body. She didn't have on anything, but her thongs. I pushed the door all the way open starling her. She quickly turned around as she wiped her tears, and closed her robe.

" Key! Whatchu doing in hea? Get out!" She said trying to push me out, but I didn't move an inch.

I turned her back around facing her body towards the mirror, and stood behind her. She looked to the side instead of looking at our reflections.

" Look in the mirror." I said causing her to shook her head no.

I gently grabbed her face, and made her look.

" Now, open yo robe and show me what you see." I said looking at her through the mirror.

" It's nothing." She said as she looked down at her hands.

I put my finger under her chin lifting her head, " It's something fa you to be in here crying, so show me what you see."

" No."

" Why?"

" Cause it's ugly and I'm embarrassed about it."

I pulled her robe down some on her should to expose her scar, " What is? This?"

She nodded her head yeah.

" What's embarrassing about it? Cause ion see nun wrong with it. It's there to show how hard you fought to be here, so what's embarrassing about that? If anything, this just makes you more interesting. It makes me wonder what's your story. Hell, I think you even more beautiful then before." I said truthfully.

" You're just saying dat." She scoffed.

I reached in front of her to untie her robe causing it to fall to the ground. My eyes roamed her naked body. I pulled her hair behind her shoulder as I gently ran my across her scar. I wrapped my arms around her waist, and pulled her close to me. She felt how hard I was causing her to look at me through the mirror.