Ch. 82

I stared out the window of the all black 2023 Cadillac Escalade V as police escort us through traffic

I stared out the window of the all black 2023 Cadillac Escalade V as police escort us through traffic. Today, was my grandma's funeral. I hadn't spoken a word since this morning. This past week, I didn't try to wrap my head around the fact that my grandma really gone. I actually had myself convinced that she was just mad at me for something, and she just wasn't answering my phone calls. That is until we had to come back to the city to prepare for her funeral. That's when it slowly started to hit me, and I just decided to stop thinking about her all together.

" Bae, it's time fa us to get out. You ready?" Cali asked me snapping me outta my thoughts.

I nodded my head as security held the door open for us. I got out first before I helped Cali out of the truck. A'Kyrie was with Erica and Mr. O who rode in another all black 2023 Cadillac Escalade V. Me and Dolph made sure to rent 8 of them for our immediate family and 4 Mercedes Sprinter vans for the rest of our folks.

I grabbed held Cali's hand as we began to walk into the church my grandma's has been going to since I was a baby. As soon as we walked in there was no time for me to think about anything. We instantly started lining up to march in. Which I really didn't want to do, I'd just prefer if everybody walk in and sit they ass down, but it's not my funeral is it?

As we we're getting closer to view my grandma's body in her casket. I squeezed tighter on Cali's hand.

" You want view her body? We don't have to, if you don't want to." Cali said.

I shook my head no just as our turn was coming up, so we walked to our seats instead of viewing the body. The whole service I just held my head down looking at the ground, and mentally checked out until the funeral was over with. A couple of tears fell from my eyes, but they didn't fall down my face. Instead they fell into the lens of the dark black Louis Vuitton sunglasses I had on my face. Which made it difficult to tell, if I was crying or not. Cali had intertwined her arm with mine, and she held my hand in her hands the entire time. She rubbed the back of my hand every now and then which gave me some type of comfort. The funeral only lasted an hour. Thank God, cause if it was anything more than that I wouldn't have been able to sit through the whole thing.

As we were walking out of the church people who knew my grandma was stopping me making sure to hug me and give me their condolences for my loss. Not really knowing what exactly to say I just nodded giving them tight lip half ass smiles every single time.

" Markeyvius, you remember me? It's Sister Mary. I haven't seen you since you was this little. Yo grandma Mildred always brought you to bible study, and I use to give you candy out my purse. How you been baby? I heard you're a rapper now." She said as she began to approach me to give me a hug, but Cali stopped her.

Before I could say anything Cali spoke for me, " He's been good, but I don't mean to be rude at all ma'am. But we have to get our child, and go home to get ready for the repast, so we're kinda in a rush. I hope you understand dat."