Bonus ch. Pt 1

4 Years Later

4 Years Later...

" Welcome to Chick-fil-A. What can I get for you today?" The employee said from the drive thru speaker.

" Yeah, can I get a grilled chicken cool wrap meal with extra cheese and add bacon. With a lemonade lite ice and 4 thangs of ranch dressings." I said.

" Can I get anything else for you or will that be all today sir?"

" And can I get a spicy deluxe sandwich with American cheese and add bacon on that as well. With a sprite lite ice as well. And add some Polynesian sauce too."

" Yes sir, and will that be all for you today?"

" Yeah."

" And can I have a name for that order sir?"

" Key."

" Alright, your total is $23.72. Please follow behind the blue sedan in front of you."

" Preciate it."

" My pleasure." The employee said as I pulled forward.

I looked over at Cali and said, " You happy now?"

" Yes. Yes, I am actually." She said matching my sarcastic tone.

" I should've never stopped to get you nothing to eat. You could've ate once we got there. You know we gotta be there exactly at 3." I said as I looked over at Cali who clearly didn't care, if we were late or not.

" You knew to get me my chicken wrap or else my attitude would've been on 10 for the rest of the day, and it was gone be real bad for you. Besides it's 2:15. We got 45 minutes to get there. We're literally 30 minutes away. Just relax."

" You know how Atlanta traffic is tho. 30 minutes could turn into 3 hours. That's why I told you we should've left an hour early."

" Who? You would've left an hour early, not me. You would've been there by yo self. Which is why you knew not to wake me up an hour early."

" Yeah, whatever." I said as we finally approached the window, and I handed my card to the employee before she passed the food and my card back.

I passed the bag over to Cali before I grabbed our drinks putting them in the cup holders until we got to our destination.

35 Minutes Later...

We pulled into Northside hospital, and parked in the pink deck that we were instructed to park in a few days ago. I quickly found a parking spot, and parked. I cut off the car before getting out, and walking around the car to open Cali's door so I could help her out of the car.

" Don't worry bout it, I'ma get the bags." I said as I seen her reaching back into the car.

" I wasn't finna grab em anyways. I was getting the food." Cali said as she grabbed the bag of food and drinks.