Ch. 31

* Rewind Hours Before The Wreck *

Cali's POV

" Jaliyah these pictures bomb as fuck

" Jaliyah these pictures bomb as fuck." I said as I looked at the pictures she took of me while we was at a stop light.

" I know, I know. You finna post em now?" She asked me.

" I'll post em once I get to Meika house. I got a lot of stuff to do today." I said as I locked my phone back, and put it down as the light turned green.

I put my foot on the gas pedal, and started to drive again.

" Like what?" She laughed.

" I gotta go to the bank, shop fa a couple of houses hold things, and when I get back I have a video conference meeting with some investors."

" Have you heard anything from the detectives?" Jaliyah asked me.

I sighed, " They said they want me to come back to Atlanta to interview me again, and I told em I'd come tomorrow."

" Why? They already took your statement, so what the fuck they need to interview you fa. It ain't like you was there when it happened." Jaliyah said with ha face scrunched up.

" I don't know. Everybody in my comments been saying dat I hired somebody to do it, and we all know the feds be lurking on social media with dem fake pages, so I'm getting the feeling dat they think I had some to do with it. I'ma just go down there with my lawyers, and take it from there." I said as I shrugged my shoulders.

" That's stupid as fuck. Why would you hired somebody to burn down yo club when you was making so much money from it?" Jaliyah said shaking her head.

" Exactly, but honestly I don't wanna talk about it. Cause I'm so tired of everythang it's not even funny. Like I just want all this shit to be over with." I said truthfully.

" Well, I'm sure once you go to Atlanta, and get everything straightened out it will be." Jaliyah said trying to reassure me.

I gave her a weak smile, " You're right."

The rest of the ride to Meika house me and Jaliyah only had short conversations. It didn't bother me cause there was jokes here and there. When we pulled up to Meika's house we both got out.

" You need help?" Liyah asked me as I opened the door to the backseat.

" Yeah, can you get his baby bag please?" I asked as I unbuckled AK outta his car seat.

Jaliyah nodded her head, and grabbed his baby bag from me. I closed the door as I carried AK to door, and before I could knock Meika had already opened the door.

" Hey granny baby!" Meika smiled which caused AK to smile back as he reached for ha.

Just like A'Kyrie loves my parents and how he got a great bond with my parents. It's the exact same way with Meika. She grabbed him, and kissed him on the cheek. As she stepped aside letting me and Jaliyah in the house.