Ch. 55

Cali's POV

" Hi Miss V." I said giving her a nickname as I walked in and sat down on the couch.

" Hello Ms. Cartier. I would ask how you're feeling today, but you must be in a good mood. Especially since you spoke to me first." She laughed.

" A lil bit."

" And you could tell me why is that?"

" Because once I leave hea, I have to go to the doctor to get this slint off, and my bandages removed."

" That's great to hear. I'm excited for you. I hope everything turns out the way you expect it to go." She smiled.

" Thank you."

" I see your son and your boyfriend isn't here with you today. Your son is so handsome what's his name?"

Huh? Boyfriend? Oh, she talked bout Key.

" Thank you, and that's not my boyfriend. That was my son's father, and my son name is A'Kyrie."

" My apologies. Do you have any other children or is A'Kyrie an only child?"

" He's my only child. I would've had two kids, but I had a miscarriage when I was 16."

" I'm sorry to hear that. You said 16, so that means you where pregnant by Shy right?" She asked.

" Yeah."

" What was his reaction when you told him you were pregnant?" She asked me.

Baby call Miss V oil cause she slick as a m'fer. She done did it again y'all.

" We were kids, so of course he wasn't jumping fa joy or nun like dat. But he was more ok with the whole situation, than I was. Dat's fa sure."

* Flashback to 7 Years Ago*

" I can't be pregnant. I turn 17 in a couple of months. You just turned 19. My parents getting a divorce, I'm moving to Memphis, and now I'm pregnant." I cried as I put my face in my hands.

Shy sighed as he hugged me, " Yeah, it's unplanned, but it's gone be ight. Ya heard me?"

" What we gone do Shy?"

" Whatchu mean what we gone do? We gone raise our baby. Ian fa nun of dat abortion shit. In the words of my granny, we was grown enough to lay down to make a baby, so we grown enough to take care of one. And having a family withchu always been in my plans, it's just happening sooner rather than later."

" How? When my parents still take care of me financially, even though they don't be hea majority of the time. They gone be so disappointed in me. They gone stop taking care of me. Oh my God, what if they put me out?"

He smacked his lips, " Baby, what I done told you bout over thinking shit?"

" I'm serious Shy. You don't understand, whenever they're both at home at the same time they argue constantly. It's so much tension and anger between dem anything can set dem off. So, imagine if I tell em I'm pregnant. They'll lose it." I said truthfully.

" I'm sho they won't do nun of dat shit cause they love you too damn much, and if they put you out we already got a 4 bedroom house. And if they do cut you off, you know I make more than enough money to take care of y'all, and make sure y'all have a great life. I'ma make sure our child don't ever know what it feels like to struggle fa shit. So, don't even worry bout dat."

" You really think they gone let us move in together? They still gone make me take my ass to Memphis pregnant or not."

" Baby, we got a house together. When I'm hea you hea, when you hea I'm hea. So, hell we practically living togetha now. And I don't care where you go, if I gotta move to Memphis then so be it. Cause as long as you got my child I'ma follow you to the end of the earth. I'ma be hea fa y'all every step of the way. Yeen neva gotta worry bout me leaving y'all side."