Chapter One

I walk into the radio station, and all of my co-workers greet me. I look around the office to see a small Christmas tree in the corner, lights hung from the ceiling, snowflakes on the walls, and reefs on the doors. They all laugh when they see my face. I ask, "Isn't it a little early to decorate?" My manager, Faith, smiles, "Of course not Lily! It's the first of December. You don't like it?" I scan the office to see everyone staring at me. I grin, "It's not that, I'm just not into the holidays." Faith seems disappointed, she replies, "Why not?" My co-workers start whispering in the background. My co-worker Nadia shakes her head at Faith, "Lily doesn't like talking about it." I quickly change the subject, and ask, "Are any celebrities coming in today for interviews?" Faith's lips form in a tight line, "No one you probably know of." I sit down at my desk. I place my jacket on the back of the chair and my gloves in a drawer. I fill out all of the paperwork of the people who won prizes off of the radio. I sigh in frustration, and tap my pen to the desk multiple times. Faith yells to me, "Can you try not to look so bored? Remember we have guests coming!" I stop tapping my pen and slowly bob my head back and forth. Someone approaches my desk. "Hello, we're here to see Faith." I think to myself, "That's a beautiful accent." I start to reply, "Hi" as I look up. I see the boys of One Direction. I stutter, "Hi-iii, welcome to New York." Faith walks up, "Boys! I'm glad you could make it!" Harry smiles, "It was a long flight but I'm glad to be here." Harry glances at me and then back at Faith. Faith goes to each boy to hug them. I get up from my rolling chair and place my hand on Faith's shoulder, through my teeth I mutter, "And you didn't think I would know of them!?!?" The boys stare at me so I break the silence, "Right this way."