Chapter Fifteen

The sound of my doorbell goes off at exactly eight o' clock. My face lights up, "That must be Harry!" Ally yells, "I'll get it! Finish getting ready." From the bathroom, I can hear Ally open the front door. Harry slowly says, "Uhmm hi. Is Lily here?" Ally replies, "Yes, she'll be out in a minute. I'm Ally, nice to meet you Harry. I'm a big fan." I walk out of the bathroom to see Ally jump into Harry's arms, "I love you!" When Harry sees me, he awkwardly laughs, and nicely pushes her off. Harry smiles, "Lily!" Ally runs up to me and spins me around, she asks Harry, "Doesn't she look beautiful?" I glare at Ally. Harry nods, "Very beautiful. Ready to go?" I grab my coat and a scarf. As I close the door, Ally says, "Have fun. Behave yourselves." Harry and I get in his rental car. I ask, "Is this date a surprise too?" Harry glances over to me as he drives, "All of our dates will be surprises, you better get used to it." I haven't been in his presence for that long and Harry already has me blushing. I reply, "I can get used to this." We arrive at the Empire State Building. I stand in front of the building looking up, "The city's tallest structure." Harry opens the door, "The view is going to be amazing." I touch Harry's arm, "Wait what?" Harry replies, "We're going to the 86th floor, 1,050 feet up." I shake my head no, "I guess it would be a good time to tell you I'm scared of heights." Harry lightly pushes me inside, "Oh you'll be fine. I'll just hold you." We get inside the elevator and Harry hits the button for the observation deck. The doors close, and I shut my eyes. Harry notices so he slides his hand down my arm, and interlocks his hand with mine. I open my eyes to look at him, "Much better". The doors open, I tell Harry, "You go first." Harry tightens his grip on my hand and walks us to the edge of the deck. The view is 360 degrees of the city, including skyscrapers, islands, waterways, bridges, and monuments. The city is covered is glimmering lights. I look over at Harry, he's smiling at me. I ask, "What?" Harry laughs, "You're not so scared now." I look back at the breathtaking view, "I guess I feel safe with you."