Chapter Thirty-Five

The driver parks the SUV against the sidewalk in front of my condo building. Harry and I get out of the car and stare at the tree while laughing. Harry reads my mind, "How are we going to get it inside?" The driver who is a pretty built guy effortlessly grabs the tree off the roof. Harry shakes his head, "William! You're making me look weak." Harry suggests, "I will get the end of the tree and you get the top." With all of my effort and weak girl arms I lift up the tree at the same time as Harry. The doorman James sees us struggling and quickly opens the door. He laughs at us when we have to squeeze the tree through the door. When we're inside, I encourage Harry, "We're almost there!" Harry sets the tree down in front of my condo. He breathes out heavily, "That wasn't so bad." I unlock the door and hold it open. Harry carries the tree inside. I point to one corner of the room, "Over there!" I shake my head, "No over there." "Wait! Wait! Uhm how about there?" Harry groans, "LILY!" I look at Harry holding the tree, his face looks constipated and he continues to sway back and forth. I fall down on my knees to the floor. I cover my face with my hands. I'm laughing so hard no noise comes out. Harry sets the tree down and rushes to my side. Harry asks, "Are you okay? What's wrong? Lily!" Harry slides on his knees next to me, he takes my hands off my face, "You're just laughing?" Harry sighs in relief. Through my laughs, I say, "You should of seen you." I stand up to mimic him. Harry laughs, "That is pretty funny." After a few minutes, I bring myself together, "Okay, last time, please carry it to the living room. I'll be right back." I grab a ladder from the hall closet and drag it underneath the attic. I climb the ladder half way and push aside the removable piece of wall. I climb the rest of the ladder and grab a box of Christmas decorations. I bring Harry the tree holder. I smile, "I kept all of my mom's things." Harry tightens the screws into the tree. We both step back to get a good look. I ask, "What if I told you the tree is crooked?" Harry looks at me with wide eyes. I grab onto Harry's forearms, "I'm kidding!"