Chapter Sixty

I watch Ed's opening act from behind the curtain. Ed takes a bow and thanks the crowd. He walks off the stage and approaches me with a huge smile and sweat glistening on his skin. The arena lights come on for an intermission and the directioners quiet down. "What a rush! I can't wait to go back out there to sing Little Things. How did I do?" I reply, "Amazing as always." Ed's face lights up, "That's good to hear." Ed grabs a towel and a water bottle, "Excuse me. I need to freshen up." From a distance I hear the boys chattering with excitement. The boys turn the corner; they are pushing and nudging each other while laughing. In-ear monitors are hanging off of their ears and microphones are held tight in their hands. Harry meets my gaze and fast walks to me. I giggle, "You seem pumped up." Harry rocks back and forth on the balls of his feet, "Yeah! Ahhhh we're on next!" I ask, "Are you ready?" Harry nods. "What about the bathroom?" Harry awkwardly laughs, "I've gone four times already." Harry runs his hand through my hair, pushing it behind my ear. "I have a surprise for you. It's something the boys and I planned." I open my mouth to respond but Harry continues, "Don't ask what kind of surprise. Just wait until after we sing the opening song." Our heads turn to the sight of the lights turning off. We can barely hear the sound of videos playing through the screaming. Harry looks back at me, "That's my cue." Even in heels I have to stand on my tippy toes to reach Harry's face. "This is for good luck," I lean in to kiss his lips. The boys gather around the curtain. The melody for Up All Night plays and I chant the countdown along with the fans, "Three.. two.. one!" Harry smiles at me before running on stage. After the song, I listen for my surprise. Liam speaks first, "Hello New York! It's a pleasure to perform in MSG! I'm happy to say my girlfriend is here." Niall adds, "And my family." Zayn says, "Perrie and El." Harry lastly says, "And my girlfriend as well." Silent tears stream down my face, Harry finally confirmed Harly.