Chapter Sixty-One

*Harry's POV* The melody for Up All Night plays. I can hear the fans and Lily chant the countdown, "Three.. two.. one!" The butterflies in my stomach hurt so bad I want to squat down in the fetal position.  I smile at Lily before running on stage with the boys. The spotlights hitting the first few rows allow me to recognize 1D shirts and posters. I laugh at the poster that reads "I'm legal!" We line up along the stage and spread out. The screaming is silenced when I grab my "HS" in-ear monitors and slide them in place. The stage lights cover my face and I blink a few times to let my eyes adjust. I hold the microphone to my mouth. With my free hand, I make a fist and stretch my arm in the air. Liam's solo gives me time to take a few deep breaths. The memories of Lily smiling and laughing flood my mind and calm me down. I jump up and down as I sing, "Katy Perry's on replay, she's on replay.." After my solo, I turn my head to the boys and they nod in approval. After the song, Liam speaks first, "Hello New York! It's a pleasure to perform in MSG! I'm happy to say my girlfriend is here." Niall adds, "And my family." Zayn says, "Perrie and El." I swallow the lump in my throat, "And my girlfriend as well." The arena falls silent. I observe the faces of the fans, they either have a stale face or are shocked. Crap, this isn't good. After a minute, I hear girls say, "Awh" and start to clap. I speak into the microphone, "I want to introduce her to you. Let me get her from backstage!" I walk past the boys, I hear Zayn say, "That wasn't part of the plan!"  I approach the curtain and pull back the material. A huge grin spreads across my face, "Lily! Babe!" My heart drops to the floor when she's not standing where I last saw her. I quickly scan the room; I see Ed sitting at a make-up station. I run up to Ed in panic, "Where's Lily?" Ed replies, "I think Lily left. She said her mum came back for her. She said she's sorry." I walk myself back to the stage. Thousands of eyes are glued on me, and confused as to why I don't have my girlfriend standing next to me. I hold back my tears as I say into the microphone, "Haha sorry. She must be in the bathroom."