Chapter Thirty-Six

"Okay, now we need ornaments and lights." I walk back towards the ladder. I turn my head over my shoulder when I feel a presence behind me. Harry grabs onto the sides of my waist and kisses my neck before resting his head on my shoulder. I lift my feet off the ground to place my Vans on his Converse. Harry easily lifts my weight in long strides. I step down from Harry's feet and grab onto the sides of the ladder while climbing the first step. Harry stands underneath the ladder with his arms out. I ask, "What are you doing?" Harry grins, his dimples set into his cheeks, "I'm here to catch you just in case you fall." I turn my head back to the ladder, not wanting to show Harry the pink rising in my cheeks. I climb a few more steps and grab the box labeled "Lights." I lower myself just a tad, "Mind taking this from me?" Harry grabs the box from me, our hands brushing for a second, "Of course not love." Harry sets down the box on the ground. I raise my eyebrows in confusion, "You don't want to walk it to the tree?" A few of his curls bounce as he lightly shakes his head no, "You could fall while I'm gone." Harry holds his arms back out. I step up to grab the last box labeled "Ornaments." As I descend the ladder, I tell Harry, "You are so cute." Harry and I carry the boxes to the tree. He opens the box labeled "Lights," pulling out a huge tangled mess. Harry sighs, "This might take awhile." "Not with your massive hands," I say with a wink. As I predicted, Harry finishes untangling the strings of lights within a few minutes. I grab the end with the connector plug and push it into the wall socket as I ask myself, "What color is this?" Harry's raspy voice answers my question, "It's doesn't have a color. It's white." I glance over to Harry, his green eyes are sparkling in the lights. Harry catches me staring, "What? Do you not like white?" I can't help but continue to stare, "No, white is fine. It's just your eyes, ttthey're breathtaking," I stutter. I quickly move my gaze back to the lights, I hold up my end to the tree, "Want to wrap around your end?" Harry gives me a smirk, "I have a better idea."