Chapter Twenty

Harry walks with me to the doors of my condo building. The doorman, James, greets us. "Hi Lily." James gives Harry a mean glare. I tap Harry's arm for comfort, "Don't worry, he just looks out for me and the other residents." James asks, "Who is this Lily?" He catches me off guard, I don't know what to call what Harry and I have. "Uhm.. hmm.. this is Harry." Harry holds out his hand, "Harry Styles sir." James shakes Harry's hand while saying, "Don't hurt her. I'm watching you kid." James opens the door for us. I ask Harry, "How did you get passed him when you came to pick me up the other day?" Harry shrugs his shoulders, "He wasn't there." I reply, "He must of been on break." Harry and I arrive at condo number 17. I unlock my door, "Would you like to come inside for a minute?" Harry smiles, "Yeah, sure." Harry looks around, "This is nice." Harry stands next to the couch as I turn on the fireplace and take off my jacket. Harry walks up to my wall of photo frames. I stand next to Harry as we look at them. He says, "You look just like your dad. I don't see your mum. Do you mind me asking..?" Harry follows me to the couch, "We'll have to sit down for this story." I take a big breath, "Christmas was my family's holiday. We decorated our house to the extreme where people would stop driving or slow down to look. We made cookies for all of our neighbors. We always threw the best Christmas party in town. On Christmas Eve, when I was seven, my mom tucked me in telling me to go to sleep because Santa was coming. When I woke up to open presents, she was gone." Small tears begin to form in my eyes, "and I haven't seen her since. My dad never brings her up, and when I try to talk about her, he makes up some excuse." Harry leans closer to wipe away my tears with the tip of his thumb. I continue, "that's why I don't like the holidays and I hate how the radio station goes all out." Harry lightly pulls me into his arms, he says, "I'm so sorry. I'm going to make you love the holidays again. I promise."