Chapter Sixty-Two

*Lily's POV* Right after Harry confirms Harly, the arena falls silent; quiet enough for me to hear my phone vibrate in my purse. I wipe away my happy tears to answer my dad's call, "Hey, this better be an emergency! I'm at Madison Square Garden." My dad quickly replies, "It's an emergency. Your mom! Lily, your mom! She has come back for us! Meet us at my house!" I mutter, "Oh my god! Okay, I'm coming!" I scan the backstage for someone, and I find Ed sitting at a make-up station. I run up to him in panic, "Tell Harry my mom has come back for me and that I'm sorry." As I run down the set of stairs, I hear Ed yell, "Wait! What?" I push open the door to the emergency exit. A security guard is standing next to the door, he yells, "Lily?" I realize the voice is from Paul but I don't stop. I take off my silver heels, grasping them in one hand and I sprint to the sidewalk. I place two fingers in my mouth, whistling as loud as I can. Three taxis slam on their brakes. I open the door to the taxi closest to me. The man asks, "Where to?" I spit out my dad's address. He lightly laughs at my eagerness, "It's going to take thirty minutes. But I'll get you there as fast as I can." I try to pass the time by looking out the window, but it doesn't help, I just see Harry's reflection in the glass. Instead, I try to hum a song and bob my head back and forth. "Fuck," I say under my breath. That doesn't help either, I have Up All Night stuck in my head. The cab driver glances at me through his rear view mirror. Lastly, I fiddle with my "LRS" bracelet. I release the clasp and hold the leather to my eye level. My heart sinks when I notice it doesn't say "LRS," but it says "Harly :)" I yell to the man, "Wait! Turn around! This is a mistake." The man asks, "Uhhh are you sure? We only have twenty minutes to go." I shout back, "Yes, I'm sure. I need to go back! Please!" When it's safe, the man takes a sharp u-turn. I close my eyes and shake my head. What was I thinking leaving Harry on the biggest night of his life? I've waited years for my mom to come home. My mom can wait a few hours until the concert is over.