Chapter Fifty-Five

The next day, while Harry is at rehearsals, I catch a cab to the local mall. I walk to the kiosk that sells customized leather bracelets. I spin the display of bracelets, viewing all of the different colors. I grab two black bracelets, one medium and one extra large. The employee greets me, "Hi, how can I help you?" I hand her the bracelets, "Hi, I would like to get these engraved please." She smiles, "Sure, what would you like it to say?" I grab a pen and a piece of paper and write, "Harly <3" As she engraves, she asks, "Couples always get matching bracelets. Is this for your boyfriend?" I giggle, "Mhmm, as a Christmas present. It's a reminder that I'm still with him even when he's across the world." She dusts off the leather, and hands me the bracelets. As I'm about to say thank you, a few random preteens approach me. One of the girls ask, "Is that for Harry?" My eyes bulge, and I turn around to face her. "Excuse me?" She rolls her eyes, "Don't play dumb. We recognize you from the Central Park pictures. You're dating Styles." The employee laughs, "The boy from One Direction. You better never let him go. He is fine." The directioner interrupts, "Actually you should let him go. He's mine." I pat her on the head, "Awh sweetie. You're so cute. I'll tell him you said hi." The group of girls look disgusted and storm off.  I purchase the bracelets and catch a taxi ride home. A large box decorated in One Direction wrapping paper is sitting in front of my door. I lean down to flip open the tag. The writing reads, "To Lily. -H" I smile and pick up the box. I look down the hallway, left and right, but Harry isn't in sight. I unlock my door and I take a seat on my couch. I nicely unwrap the present. I take off the lid to find a selfie of Harry in a frame. On top of the frame is a note, which reads, "Surprise! I'm your present!" I turn my head to the sound of knocking on wood. I open my front door to find Harry with a bow stuck in his curls. Harry places a kiss on my lips, "I didn't have an idea for a physical gift. I hope I'm good enough?" Red rises in my cheeks, "You're the best present I've ever received."