Epilogue: Part One

Harry puts the car in park and hits the emergency brake. The car rolls a foot downwards. My automatic reaction is to grab my door handle. I look over at Harry to see him laughing at me, "Still scared of heights babe?" I swallow the lump in my throat, "Yes! We're on a mountain!" "Then good thing I bought the Range Rover, my previous rental car wouldn't of made it up here," he says with a wink. Harry walks around the car to open my passenger door. The coolness of the mountain air hits my face and gives me chills, but it's refreshing. Harry holds out his hand and I squeeze it firmly until my feet touch the dirt and rocks. Harry grabs blankets, a picnic basket, and a mobile heater from the trunk. Harry and I sit down on the blanket after he spreads it out on the ground. I look straight ahead at the mesmerizing view of New York. From the top of the mountain, the city looks like a blur of sparkling lights. I turn to Harry after a bright flash is shined in my face. Harry smiles, showing all of his pearly whites, "So beautiful." My cheeks flush a deep red, "You always catch me off guard." Harry hands me the camera, "They make the best pictures." I try to view the most recent photo but I accidentally hit the back button. The picture of Harry and I at the O2 arena appears on the screen. The next picture is of me taking a bite of my first meal at Nando's. The next picture is of me meeting Harry's mom, sister, and step-dad. Harry wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me in close to him. His body warmth feels good on a cold winter night. Harry kisses my cheek, "What are you thinking about?" I snuggle my head into Harry's neck, "Just how amazing our trip to London was. I can't believe it'll be one year in January." Harry runs his hand through my hair and twist the ends in his fingers. "Then why don't we go again? My family misses you." I grab Harry's shoulders, placing myself in his lap. I wrap my arms around his neck, and stare into his green eyes, "Can we?!" Harry laughs at my enthusiasm, "I was thinking we could go in a month for my twentieth birthday."