Chapter Sixty-Three

The cab driver parks along the curb in front of Madison Square Garden. I toss him twenty dollars. I yell, "Keep the change!" as I close the door. I grip my heels in one hand and book it to the front entrance doors. The security guards must have switched shifts because they are not the same men from earlier. In a firm voice, one man says, "Ticket please." I awkwardly laugh, "Funny thing. I gave my tickets away to fans." He replies, "No ticket, no entry." "B-but I'm Harry Styles' girlfriend," I stutter. The men nudge each other while laughing. He collects himself before answering, "We've heard that a hundred times." My heart begins to race in anxiety. "Where are the other security guards? They will remember me!" The guard shakes his head, "They went home." The memory of Paul standing at the back entrance flashes in my mind. I smile, "Okay. Thanks!" I walk until I'm out of their sight; I sprint when I turn the corner. Tears begin to form in my eyes when I don't see Paul. I approach the door and bang my fists against the wood while yelling, "Paul! Pauuuul! Open up! It's Lily!" My voice becomes less loud as I continue to yell because I'm trying to hold back my sobs. I close my eyes and try again, "Ed! Edddd! It's Lily! Open up!" After a few minutes, I turn my body to rest my back against the door. I slide down until I'm sitting on the floor. I don't know what to do. Harry has probably noticed I'm gone, and isn't performing the same because of it. My crazy train of thought is interrupted when I feel pressure against my back. I quickly stand up and move a few feet away from the door. Ed slightly cracks open the door and sticks out his head. He smiles, "I thought I heard something." He holds the door open, "Come in!" I stumble into Ed's arms, "Thank you!" Ed giggles, "It's good that you're here. Make sure Harry sees you. I bet he's a mess out on stage." Ed and I walk to the curtain. The boys are singing "Live While We're Young." I ask, "How do I get his attention?" Ed smiles, "Luckily the boys are doing an outfit change after this song." The melody of the song slowly fades and I watch as the boys run in my direction.