Chapter Sixty-Eight

I reach down for the blue bucket of paint. Harry points to me, "Whoa. Easy babe. Set the paint down." "What are you going to do about it?" I ask with a smirk. Harry reaches for the red bucket. I glance to the left and right, everyone is crowded around while staring. Zayn laughs, "Shit is about to go down." Harry offers, I won't throw it if you don't. Truce?" I casually place my arm behind my back, and I cross my fingers. I nod my head, "Truce." As Harry sets his bucket down, I launch my arms forward. Everyone's mouths shape into an "O" as they watch the gallon of paint land on Harry's chest. I laugh, "Blue looks good on you. You remind me of a Smurf." A little smile spreads across his face, "I think you could use a hug!" Everyone jumps out of the way; I scream as Harry chases me around the tarp. Harry catches up to me, and wraps his arms around my waist from behind. He squeezes his bare chest to my back, smearing the blue paint onto my clothes. Harry turns me around in his arms, and rubs his chest against mine, "Now we both look like Smurfs." Harry quiets my laughing by pressing his lips tight against mine. "You crossed your fingers didn't you? You are cheeky." Harry interlocks his hand in mine, and we follow everyone through the front doors. As Liam enters, he yells, "PARTTYYY!" Harry shouts over the loud music, "I'll be right back." Harry releases my hand and disappears in the crowd of a few hundred people. He leaves me awkwardly standing by myself, so I walk up to the DJ booth in the living room. I bob my head, and sway my hips to the beat. The DJ yells, "Do you like it?" I yell back, "Yeah! I work at a radio station. Sometimes they let me use the turn tables." He asks, "Want to give it a try?" I smile, "Hell yes!" I mix the songs, "Thrift Shop" and "Racks City." The whole mood of the party changes. The people who were standing are now dancing. From the corner of my eye I see Harry standing with two red cups. I barely can make out what the DJ says to Harry, "They should of hired her. Look at the crowd. A girl who knows her music turns me on. Dude, if you don't get at her, I will."