⤷𝟜𝟚: 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝 𝕤𝕦𝕣𝕡𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕖

kageyama's pov—

"why are we doing this again?"

"it's a surprise," atsumu grinned.

"but why do we have to help with your shit?" suna groaned, reluctantly helping decorate.

early on the third day of miyagi, atsumu had forced kageyama, suna, osamu and sakusa to wake up and head down to a coffee shop in the city.

it was a small cafe, in a small secluded alley.

and all atsumu had said was that they had to decorate the place for an event happening later in the afternoon.

there were balloons, flowers, food... everything.

everything was pastel and cute, and kageyama couldn't help but feel that it was something that she'd enjoy.

not that he was thinking about her.

at all.

"tobio-kun i need you to go and hide the confetti and put up more decorations," atsumu, who was organizing everything, demanded.

"mhm," kageyama sighed.

kageyama didn't particularly find interest in decorating things over and over again, but honestly, any distraction was welcome to him at this point.

"what the fuck are we even decorating for?" osamu grumbled, throwing a box of fairy lights at his twin.

"it's a SURPRISE."

kageyama caught suna's eye roll and gave him an encouraging smile.

the decorations apparently weren't allowed to be "tacky" and atsumu was supervising everything to make sure it was exactly how he wanted it.

kageyama was only slightly curious about what the fuck this could be for—an aesthetic cafe with bouquets and confetti did not sound like a normal activity.

maybe it was someone's birthday.

not hers, kageyama thought. he remembered her telling him in tokyo that her birthday was a few months away.

kageyama sighed yet again.

i need to stop thinking about her.

but maybe not thinking about the person he liked is going to be harder than he thought.

miya atsumu's pov—

reply ig
[ 5:53 pm ]

yooo

things are ready and we're
ready when you are

SO SOON?

bitch we literally planned to
do it now

i even forced my friends to
help so fuck u

u goddamn playboy

okok we'll be there in twenty mins

TWENTY MINS???

ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING

WE'RE READY NOW

wait we're in a grocery store