⤷𝟞𝟚: 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕤𝕖 𝕔𝕠𝕕𝕖

what is love, even?

(back to square one, i know.)

it is a feeling? an emotion?

something you associate with a person? an object? a thing?

a twice song?

well. whatever love is, you ignored it. or rather, you pushed it towards the back of your mind.

because standing there, in front of him, you couldn't even fathom anything other than his blueberry eyes.

you said not a single word.

neither did he.

there you two were, at the opening of the door, just merely staring. it wasn't even awkward, per se.

it was more so calm.

the type of calm after a storm's cleared. and that was exactly what kageyama's eyes resembled. the clear blue, after a storm. impossible to not get lost in.

"ahem."

you blinked and looked away as you heard your best friend cough.

a small silence filled the space between you and everyone else.

this time though, it was awkward.

"come on in," akaashi spoke first with an amused smile on his face. (honestly, akaashi was probably the only one that knew what was going on...since it was only he, after all, that held the list of secret santa.)

you avoided everyone's gaze as you walked inside the magical room.

you already knew that this was going to be a long night.

and with every inch of your body, you hoped that it'd be a good one.

there it was again—the hope.

you smiled, knowing with absolute certainty that it would be a beautiful night.

"okay, that's it. explain."

you faked a confused look. "i have no idea what you're talking about."

suna rolled his eyes. "cut the bullshit. we've let you off the hook for long enough since we didn't want to question it too much..."

"but what the fuck is going on between you and kageyama?" atsumu interrupted.

"you two are literally in the same room as each other and, for the first time in the history of the universe, you're not picking a fight," osamu added, with a bowl of onigiri in his hand.

"not to mention," suna raised his eyebrow, "we found you two that night of the blackout—,"

"okay okay!" you cut him off. "i'll explain."

you sighed.

now that you thought about it, your friends really have no idea about anything between you and kageyama, do they?