⤷𝟟𝟝: 𝕓𝕖𝕒𝕦𝕥𝕚𝕗𝕦𝕝 𝕞𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤

safe to say, the most beautiful moments in life were the memories you shared with your friends.

it's funny how a year ago, you thought the complete opposite. a year ago, you vowed to throw all memories down the drain.

well, what can you really say? it all comes with the magic of healing and growth.

and as you sat at the dinner table, sharing a dinner with the aot family, you knew with complete certainty that these were the memories you'd cherish until the end of your days.

(if you were to even live that long, that is. a kind reminder: this world is infected with giant naked men that run around eating humans, where a simple walk outside would result in sudden death. ah, what a world.)

"my ass hurts."

you almost snorted out your drink as you held back a laugh. so did half the table, it seems.

followed immediately by a collective group of sighs.

"we're trying to eat, connie."

"but it's the truth!" connie groaned. "captain levi made me and sasha practice our vertical maneuvers for three extra hours yesterday because we left one speck of dust."

at that, eren let out a snort. "been there, done that."

"well," you considered as you sipped your drink, "if levi were to ask me to stay for three extra hours, i would probably die of happiness."

another chorus of sighs echoed around the table as everyone fired one single word back at you.

"simp."

you rolled your eyes. "okay, and?" you stuck out your tongue. "who wouldn't simp for levi ackerman?"

mikasa raised her hand immediately.

okay, well, fair enough.

you let out a small chuckle. "of course you wouldn't," you eyed mikasa. "he's your—,"

you broke off.

oops.

i almost spoiled.

"he's what?" jean raised his eyebrow.

"her leader," you finished nonchalantly, trying to not pay any notice to your slip up (pro-actress here, remember?), "and we all know how much mikasa hates listening to orders, right?"

you laughed awkwardly as you cringed to yourself. it seems that it's also been routine for you to bullshit your way out of everything, these days.

mikasa shrugged. "i just hate captain levi because he treats eren like shit."

jean laughed at her comment. "that makes the captain likeable, if anything. yo, remember when eren got beaten up by captain levi?" he brought up as he gazed at eren. "dude, the captain's like ten feet shorter than you and you can turn into a fucking titan. yet...oh, right. you still lost."

you couldn't help but let out a choked laugh at his words. on the other hand, mikasa and eren both collectively glared at jean, firing daggers with their eyes.

and it was then, that you'd realized. just how much you'd miss it all.

you almost felt detached from your body as you thought about everything.