⤷𝟞𝟜: 𝕝𝕒𝕥𝕖

late.

what an annoying word.

there are so many perfect words out there in the universe, yet, out of all of them, the only one that could describe you is late?

seriously, fuck that.

nothing good ever comes from being late.

and of course, on a perfectly fine school afternoon, you were late. (then again, weren't you always?)

as you sped walked into the large gymnasium, you were greeted with a raining chorus of complaints and whines.

to which you already expected. (it sort of comes with the whole being late part.)

"oh, look. there she is," atsumu sighed.

"why is she always late?"

"someone fire her," suna let out a yawn.

you rolled your eyes in response. "you can't fire me if i'm not the fucking manager—,"

"uh, are you kidding? we're firing you anyways."

you stuck your tongue out, ignoring your friends' complaints as you sat on one of the empty benches.

the most unfortunate and devastating event that has ever occurred in your life is the fact that christmas break has come to an end. and separating from the entire squad had been one of the most painful things you've experienced.

god. you were going to miss your tokyo friends so so much.

time skip to now, it is currently the first day of university from the return of the break. your friends had mentioned for you to meet them on time in the gym after your lectures, but of course, being on time was never really an option.

and to make everything worse (or, normal...?), stress immediately returned to your life as easily as it temporarily left.

"you're doing homework?" atsumu walked over to you incredulously upon seeing you pull out a notebook.

"yea."

"y/n. it's the goddamn first day of school, in case you haven't noticed."

"which means that i only have four assignments and ten pages of homework to finish," you stated in a tired tone.

"only?" your best friend blinked.

you sighed.

"only."

let's just get one thing straight.

being an overachiever and a perfectionist isn't easy.

it's not. because when it comes down to it, it's simply just a human trying to be a little more perfect than the rest.

and for what?

closing your laptop in frustration, you shut the front of your notebook.

fuck school.

you forced your gaze away from the scribbled homework, and instead, you looked up at the volleyball practice happening in front of your eyes.

and of course, in that exact moment, you met his gaze.

a small smile appeared on kageyama's face as he looked at you.