⤷𝟟𝟟: 𝕥𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕒 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕥

you know that feeling?

that suffocating feeling from inside your gut.

of not only fear—but something more. it was a feeling of almost incompetence.

incompetence. that's what you felt in the moment, probably. because, even with knowing the complete disaster that was about to occur in front of you, there was still nothing that you could do to stop it. absolutely nothing that could escape it.

helpless. that's also what this is.

of all the things that could've possibly happened, it was this. that's expected, though, isn't it? that's just you and your good-for-nothing luck. no matter how many ways you look at it, it all came down to your crappy luck.

and as you stared at the ever-approaching silhouette from the distance, your gut was telling you that everything was going to hell. that everything was about to become no more than ruins.

it's not that you hate zeke, per se.

you've even dedicated a whole era to zeke—his whole emoji phase, remember?

{ 🦧 }

however, in this world? all you knew was that zeke was on the opposing team.

and yeah, okay, maybe he does kind of fit in the whole #dilf category... but at the end of the day, he's still the bad guy. for you, and everyone else you've grown to cherish inside these walls, zeke was the enemy.

that was not going to change.

"shit," you whispered under your breath as your eyes widened.

the silhouettes from a moment ago had now disappeared into the forest—to hide and launch a surprise attack, no doubt.

you already knew a mess was coming. it was one you wished that you could all avoid.

and it was one you would attempt to do everything to avoid.

kageyama looked confused. "you okay?"

you shook your head.

no. we're all gonna die. does that sound okay?

"i have to find levi," you spoke quietly.

kageyama blinked. "what?"

louder this time, you repeated your words, not seeing the flash of hurt across kageyama's face.

"i need to see levi. now."

convincing people is so much harder than it should be.

like honestly, dear god, you just wished people would listen to you. and not listen by thinking every word you said was insane.

"i'm sorry, what?"

you groaned for the tenth time.

"listen to me!" you said impatiently. "our whole lives literally depend on it."

levi looked skeptical. "and you know this because...?"

"because i saw them coming!" you urged them all. "they're going to be here anytime now, and we're all going to die."

"wait, sorry—hold on," hange cut in, "who's 'they'?"

you paused, giving some thought to the question.

yeah, saying their names out loud would receive no possible positive reaction. they'd probably think you were a spy, if they don't already.