⤷𝟠𝟠: 𝕥𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕘𝕦𝕚𝕕𝕖

in some other life (universe, perhaps?), you were a tour guide.

weird, isn't it? in some other life, you'd be the ideal tour guide, living the dream. (which is a little odd, you'll admit.)

simply, tour guides know what they're doing. they know where to go, know when to go there, and they know exactly how they're going to get there.

you, on the other hand, can't even find your way through a campus you've been on for over five months. (let's just say that the tour guide dream was definitely not for this life.)

you couldn't help but sigh to yourself as you found yet another dead end.

what's new? kyoto's a goddamn maze.

you walked across the unfamiliar buildings, mentally cursing the universe for throwing you into this unfair world.

because—oh, guess what guys?—you were lost. (again).

and to make things a hundred times worse, you were lost on your own goddamn campus.

like, okay. if it was some other campus or some other unfamiliar place, that's at least understandable. but no, no, you get lost in your own home.

"excuse me?"

you turned, seeing an unfamiliar boy standing behind you.

he was only the slightest taller than you, with light coloured hair that spiked upwards. but what surprised you the most wasn't his hair—it was his eyes.

his eyes were large and wide, intensely focused on you. almost a little too focused, to be frank.

and it was weird—even though this boy was unfamiliar, you still had the feeling that you've seen him somewhere before.

but... where?

"can you tell me how to get to building 7b?" the boy demanded, not wasting time on any other greeting.

you opened your mouth before closing it again.

our buildings have numbered names?

you paused before speaking. "i have absolutely no idea where that building is."

the boy furrowed his eyebrows. "but aren't you a kyoto student?"

you looked down at your sweatshirt.

ah, of course. it had to be today where you were representing your school merch.

"um yes, i am a student here," you said slowly. "it's just that—,"

"then tell me how to get to building 7b."

you sighed. "i can't. i don't even know where i am."

the boy looked even more unimpressed. "and you call yourself a student here?"

"well, not everyone is good with directions," you defended yourself. "and i'm sorry but i would be no help."

the boy didn't seem to hear your words. "i have to get to 7b right now! or else i'm going to lose to that stupid orange head."

should i even ask?

"right..." you trailed off, "i'm just gonna go now... you have fun with—good luck with finding building 7b!"

you turned to continue walking, but it wasn't long before you heard his voice from behind you again.

"where are you going then?"

you sighed. "i'm lost. so i'm going to try and find my way back to my dorm."