⤷𝟠𝟝: 𝕤𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕟𝕕𝕤 𝕒𝕨𝕒𝕪

it's weird, really.

to think about the past. and more so about how far you've come.

now, you weren't just reflecting on life because you were at a magnificent ball. (a beautiful location to do some reflecting though, if you do say so yourself—)

but it was because of the boy you found yourself next to.

from being the closest friends to the most loathsome enemies and now back to friends... it's been a hell of a journey, hasn't it? the still ongoing journey, engulfed with memories of the past and now memories of the present.

you continued to stare at the beautiful boy with the dark blue eyes. those would be the eyes that mesmerized you until the end of your days.

kageyama smiled through his mask.

"oi. you still there?" he nudged you.

you blinked, leaving your thoughts and reflections behind.

"sorry," you whispered. "i didn't recognize you."

kageyama gave a fake look of betrayal. "ouch."

"hey!" you pouted. "i only didn't recognize you because..."

you broke off, letting the sentence hang in the air.

only because you were so beautiful.

you coughed slightly. "anyways," you changed the topic quickly, "where have you been all night? i couldn't even find you."

"i just got here," he explained. "i was finishing up a practice with sakusa."

not surprised.

you gave a small laugh. "it's always volleyball."

kageyama smiled back, before slowly reaching out his hand towards you.

it was then that you realized that the music around you had fallen into a slow waltz.

"what do you say, miss y/n?" kageyama held out his hand. "may i take your hand in this dance?"

oh, how hopelessly in love you were. and taking his hand really would not be making the situation in your heart any better.

even so—you'd be crazy if you didn't say yes.

it was only natural, after all.

you gazed at him, feeling yourself sink deeper and deeper into the night.

"endlessly yes."

"what do you say we get out of here?"

you flashed him a look of amusement. "you've been here for less than an hour."

"but there are so many other things we can be doing instead," he sighed.

"what do you suggest?"

"a movie night."

you laughed. "you'd leave a whole masquerade ball for a movie night?"

kageyama nodded. "i really would."

if anyone else asked you to ditch the ball, your answer would be a definitive 'no'.

but since he's the one asking?

you sighed in defeat. you're both hopeless. you're both the most hopeless humans in the world.