⤷𝟜𝟘: 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕪𝕒𝕝𝕤

you were a pretty patient person.

about 98% of the time, you would be happy to wait, and to let things go on at a slow pace.

you were part of the rare population blessed with the impossible trait of patience.

and you took pride in your patience.

let's be real, if you had the ability to deal miya atsumu, miya osamu, rintaro suna, and toru oikawa (only to list a few. the list goes on and on, honestly), it pretty much means that you're a god at it.

(not everyone can listen to atsumu rant on about cereal for two hours, osamu go on about onigiri for another three, just to follow up with suna talking for four hours about how annoying miya atsumu is. and let's not even get started about the pure shit that comes out of toru oikawa's mouth sometimes.)

(it's okay. we still love them.)

however, this was one of the rare 2% occasions.

the rare 2% where that pride has failed you. and that patience? it went straight into hell and never came back.

fuck patience. in this situation? everything sane can go and fuck itself.

impatience flowed through you.

"if you have something to say, spit it out," you snapped.

lana had asked you to follow her into an empty change room before she even spoke a single word.

according to her, this was "important".

but according to you, it would simply be more bullshit that you didn't need in your life.

lana took a deep breath. "okay. so i know you're really mad at me and you don't like me—"

"no shit," you scoffed. "you fucking slapped me."

she cringed. "right, um. yeah. you have every reason to hate me—"

"oh don't worry. i do."

lana breathed in again. "look, just hear me out, okay?"

you rolled your eyes. "what do you want to say? that i deserve the shit happening to me right now? because i think you have enough shit on your own... it's not like i'm the one with a cheating boyfriend."

lana blinked at your words. "kageyama's not a cheater... and he's also not—"

"not a cheater?" you raised your eyebrow. "i don't know if you were in the room earlier but—"

"i know. they told me what happened," lana cut you off. "and i know about what you're saying. but that's not what i came to talk about."

you paused. "then what do you want to talk about? you have five minutes and twenty-one seconds left."

lana fell silent.

you stared at her anxious look.

she stared back.

after what felt like years, she spoke.

"look, i...i just really really need to apologize."

whatever you expected, it wasn't this.

"what?" confusion flowed through you.

"i'm so, so, so, so fucking sorry," she breathed. "you don't understand how sorry i am."

even though you wanted to be skeptical, you could hear the sincerity in lana's voice.

she really was sorry.